Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gregoire

36" Mission Motion Ice Pads

Hey, i noticed a couple of people here asking about the Mission Motion pads for ice hockey. Well, a couple weeks ago, I purchased a set of pro return custom Motions that were built for high level ice hockey.

Features:

Near everything you would need. Calf stabilizer, knee and calf lock, a load of knee stacks, thigh boards(that i took off due to the pads being a bit big for me), Flat face front, all jenpro inside ridge, knee wing and calf wing.

Protection:

I had DR 5.2's and Bauer Reactor 4's (like Nabokov) before these. These easily surpass both in not only the front of the pads' protection, but moreso on the calf and knee areas. I play Junior B and C hockey, and also some adult league that has some guys that have been clocked in the low 90mph range for shots. I have felt nothing with these. With the other 2 pads, i didn't get hurt, but i could definetely feel the shots, and on some realized that i was very close to having a bad stinger if it wasn't for me wearing them loose.

Value:

Well, im not sure how much it would cost to order these exactly. But with lesser quality materials, no jenpro on the insides, and not custom colors, they ran aroune $600 american. So these would be substatially more than that. I got them from a guy that needed bigger for $290 CAD, free shipping!!! I have no idea why he didn't try to sell them for more, but i won't complain. These were never used when i got them.

Conclusion: They needed near no time to break in, they will overlap in the 5 hole in the butterfly, very comfortable and easy to use right away. Thigh boards got stuck when getting up from a b'fly slide, though i think that was more due to my 5'10" frame and 36" pads. They have the largest stock thigh rise i have ever seen. Didn't notice it that much till i took the thigh boards off, but its bigger even than pads that come with a +1 stock like the Itech 7.8

I would rate these pads a 9/10. I haven't seen anything wrong with them, and I had tried some RBK premier's before these, and these are equal quality wise, and even a bit more comfortable, i think due to the calf lock.

Here are some pics of just after i got them if they work.

gregsgear030.jpg

gregsgear028.jpg

gregsgear029.jpg

gregsgear031.jpg

I have a Misison Helium Pro glove and blocker, and I love both of them. I'm gonna get the pads over the summer.

how can u get used to that weird glove? it has a freaky huge pocket and it was hard for me to put my fingers in. :blink: the blocker is one of the best around i'll tell you that. hope u can find the pads you want

It was a little hard to get use to at first, but now I really like it. Yeah, I think the blocker is one of the best our right now. And its kinda hard to find the pads so far.