Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Oil Strike: It Ain't Over til Its Over

Pronger scores with .6 second off faceoff in 3rd period to tie game at 3. Dvorak scores in shootout to win. Edmonton takes another 2 points on the road. If you guys think "I love Flames", I also like to watch Oilers. They are the Rocky and Bullwinkle show of the NHL: "Hey Rocky, wanna see me pull a rabbit out of my hat." "Oh Bullwinkle...." And once again they pull the rabbit out of their helmets! Lead the NHL in road wins. Flames and Oilers are two teams where the sum of the parts adds up to more than what you see on paper. As Ray Ferraro said, the game was a mess with crummy passing and no flow but the Oil won again when they had no business getting 2 points. Ultimate Road Warriors, where teams get points to remain in the hunt.

True. And very well written. I was thinking about the Oilers as a long shot in the playoffs. Now they picked up two more "solid" d-men for virtually nothing + they still have 4.7 $ room under the cap in case they want to get serious before the deadline. I say get rid of both Conklin and Markkanen, get a real No.1 goalie and maybe another forward that can score.

I thought it was over. in my mind bad calll by gretz to call a time out.

i mean win the draw and shoot it out or fall on it tackle someone etc... but calling a time out lets the oilers draw up another plan?

cmon now

I thought it was over. in my mind bad calll by gretz to call a time out.

i mean win the draw and shoot it out or fall on it tackle someone etc... but calling a time out lets the oilers draw up another plan?

cmon now

Yeah, I think it was a good learning experience for gretz, he probably won't do that again.

The ice in Phoenix looked awful!