Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pldhockey4

ACT

This isn't something that I would really recommend, but it worked for me. The first time I took it and hadn't slept the night before (hockey game and then just wasn't tired so I played halo). I performed well, but not as good as I could have. (Think it was a 26) I took it a few more times and tried to take it seriously and actually studied the week before and all that crap and scored a 25, 24, and 25....it was terrible on my part. The last time I took it, I just said to myself "I'm just gona show up and do what I can do, thats it. Its not the end of the world." So I went out with some of my buddies the night before, stayed up all night playing pool, cards, Halo, and drinking. I actually fell asleep during my reading comprehension! LoL

Anyways my principal called me into his office a few weeks later and I thought I was introuble or something and thought that he might have found out that I showed up to the ACT drunk. He had something in his hand, told me to sit down and dropped it on the desk in front of me and asked me to explain it to him. I looked and saw a composite score of 34!!! I was speechless!

Bottomline, I didn't live up to my potential when I worried about it and did when I didn't care. Tests like that are not the best way to measure your intelligence or ability, rather its more about your ability to take tests. I have seen people smarter than me fail miserably in tests because they can't express themselves properly or can't handle that type of pressure. It may not be what suits you, but it worked for me. I think Van Wilder once said "Don't take life too seriously....You'll never get out alive."

Just make absolutely sure that you fill in EVERYTHING, you may be surprised to find out how much you might get right by guessing or filling in the bubbles at random. But keep in mind to only do this when you are about out of time.

or here's a thought.....don't show up to the ACT test drunk, sleep deprived, smelling like ass. Or you know do what he said. Study up on your trig and other higher end math stuff. I took it before i did trig and got a 21 and once after my trig semester and bumpd it up to a 25. If your school offers ACT prep courses like study groups specifically for the ACT, take advantage of them. It sounds geeky but it works wonders.

LoL Cody I was just offering input to him that worked for me! For some reason some people seem to perform better in those situations when they don't take things too seriously. Also those ACT prep classes can actually work wonders. That class helped considerably to boost my score. Also work on timing yourself for homework that you do so that you are used to getting things done at a quick pace. Work on your reading too since the whole test involves reading. I know I know you pry read extremely well like most of us should, but the quicker you can read and the more you take in during that time, the better.

Yes. They are both entrance exams that colleges look at, some prefer one, some the other. They have much different scoring models though.

Im not sure if one is easier than the other (I only took the ACT), but it mainly depends on what schools you are trying to get into for which you should take. Schools usually only look at one over the other; while some will look at both. Your best bet is to talk to the schools your looking at to find out.

ACT is way easier

And I believe focuses less on literature/language comprehension, yes?

Not that it mattered to me much. I did an average job on mine (23), but didn't need it, as I did community college, then into private school.