Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Torhs Team

Free Agents

It seems to be more free agents in roller then ice. In ice you must have a roster and keep the same one all year, but in roller you can change your roster from tourny to tourny.

A couple of my friends are free agents and it seems to work sometimes and not the others. Are any of you out there free agents? and if so, what region do you play in? Ive been wanting to go this way for a little bit now, but I dont want to ditch my org.

its definently worth it if you wanna play some tournaments. I play with the hyper roadrunners when im not playing with quest, i was supposed to go to narch winters with a mission team possibly but i had midterms, its annoying though because you dont have a set team and are all over the place.. overall its not worth it unless you have a team for nationals that your going with

for the most part the teams that stay together win most often

Mission Snipers - core of that team has been together for years..many as Dragons even..

AMB 86 - a great team back in the day

DMHS - didn't lose a meaningful game for nearly 4 years

OC 89 - nuff said

Tour Mudcats - winners of every NARCh Midget title for 2 straight years and a D1 to boot

STL '89 since about '02...

Honeybaked stayed intact for years, younger OC teams, Pama Cyclones, etc

you can hit and run in the Bantam division at times (TMD 88 White )but that is the exception to the rule

events such as NARCH is a tournament not a season...there are roster rules once you play in a regional and receive a seed...and if you're any good..people will make sure the TD's know what is it up...the mention of Bobby Ryan playing in the '03 NJ regional had parents lining up to talk to us hours before we began...same in TX with Joey Jethro Bosko in '02 or '03..

correct.. obviously playing with a team your going to know what the players do.. if they are cutting or staying in the same spot for a 1 timer for example. Many teams do this with 89 and 90s so the teams play with each other so they knwo what they are doing.. like Jim A said.. teams like the mudcats, snipers have had the same core guys for years.. obviously it helps to keep playing with the same guys.. hence y i said its probably a bad decision before but playing random tournaments every so often isnt such a bad idea if its just to play and get in shape and stuff