Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

analog999

Olympic Hockey Games

Go to http://www.nbcolympics.com/getlocal/index....o=TV%20Listings

Type in your zip code

Select your TV service provider

Clcik the finish button.

Near the top of the listings are 3 buttons: By Time, By Network, By Sport

Click By Sport.

When the page reloads, below the 3 buttons, there will be a drop down box that says "select sport"

Choose Ice Hockey

When the page loads, you will have the complete schedule.

I did, but their interface is terrible imho.

I found this much easier to read schedule on usahockey.com:

(all times p.m. EST unless otherwise noted)

2/11 W USA vs. SUI (usa, 2:30)

2/12 W GER vs. USA (usa, 1)

2/14 W USA vs. FIN (nbc, 2:30)

2/15 M LAT vs. USA (usa, 3)

2/16 M USA vs. KAZ (usa, 3)

2/17 W Playoff Round (nbc. 7*)

2/18 M SVK vs. USA (nbc, 2)

2/19 M USA vs. SWE (nbc, 11*)

2/20 W Medal Games (nbc, 7*)

2/21 M USA vs. RUS (nbc, 2:30)

2/22 M Playoff Round (usa, tbd)

2/24 M Playoff Round (msnbc, 10*)

2/24 M Playoff Round (usa, 3)

2/25 M Bronze Medal (nbc, 2:30)

2/26 M Gold Medal (nbc, 9*)

* a.m. EST

And yet another year of Olympic hockey where the Ice completely stinks! Why the heck can't they get the ice to freeze at this premier of the premier hockey events? Open the bloody doors and cool off the rink, for cripes sake, if the building is too hot!

And yet another year of Olympic hockey where the Ice completely stinks! Why the heck can't they get the ice to freeze at this premier of the premier hockey events? Open the bloody doors and cool off the rink, for cripes sake, if the building is too hot!

Each rink has something like 5 games today and I haven't seen a lot of ice problems yet.

I did notice on the womens game that they were having problems with the ice freezing fast enough. Isn't there several rinks? Maybe they are only having issues with one rink?

About opening the doors. I think it has been around 40 degrees F in Turin so that wouldn't help the ice. Would help the heat escape though.

I did notice on the womens game that they were having problems with the ice freezing fast enough. Isn't there several rinks? Maybe they are only having issues with one rink?

About opening the doors. I think it has been around 40 degrees F in Turin so that wouldn't help the ice. Would help the heat escape though.

They just mentioned that some cement particles got into the "pure" water that they use and it's getting better as the tournament goes on.

I saw one of the Womens game where the ref's stopped play and waited around 5 minutes so the puck would glide again! If you look, you can see the glisten of the water on the surface in a number of areas. Apparently there are 2 rinks, and the one with the "portable ice" is the biggest problem, as they did not size the cooling unit properly and are trying to have one compressor cool the competition rink AND a practice rink together! Nice engineering!