Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Torhs Team

Inline skates

So Im looking for new skates, looking at RBK 6K's and nowhere will it tell me if these skates are all one sized wheels. Its prob. not a good thing they want to advertise so they dont tell it under the item discription. Do any of you know if mission got theyre copy right just for tour, or can RBK make Hi-Lo's also?

If I can not get RBK 6K's I want to get Missoins new HE7500's

But the only prob. is that Mission does not make E or EE for this model. I am not going to spend over $300 for skates, so the top models are out. The next option is HE5500's They have EE and E but they are a lower model, and Ive heard that 7500's are the top sellers. Which is more important, right fit or the model?

CCM/RBK uses the Tri-di frame which uses 72,76,76,80 mm wheels!

TRI-DI Chassis Info

Tri-Di WT-3 Fully extruded aluminum chassis

Tri-Di 6061 Aluminum

Boot Size Chassis Size Wheel Set-Up

Sr 11 to 13 Large 80-76-76-72

8 to 10.5 Medium 80-76-76-72

6 to 7.5 Small 80-76-76-72

Jr 4 to 5.5 Junior 76-72-72-68

1 to 3.5 Small Junior 68-64-64-59

Yt 11 to 13.5 Youth 72-68-64

I love my 7500's hands down one of the best I ever had and its 3rd best, so that says alot right there...Although I have had one problem...I got a split in the upper boot on one side of the ankle, I think this may be a freek thing and I have no idea how to fix it Ive just been taping it before I play but it still bugs me...I would still buy another pair of these skates no doubt about it.

i know this is mostly a 7500 topic.. but i have the 9500s and these skates are built to last this year.. not just the 3 highest models.. all of them..ive heard great things from the 5500s up to the 10000s.. good choice to go with the 7500s.. hope they end up fitting right for you

I love my 7500's hands down one of the best I ever had and its 3rd best, so that says alot right there...Although I have had one problem...I got a split in the upper boot on one side of the ankle, I think this may be a freek thing and I have no idea how to fix it Ive just been taping it before I play but it still bugs me...I would still buy another pair of these skates no doubt about it.

Stock, that split sounds really odd. Not sure how you got it. If the boots are relatively new, I'd call Mission Customer Service, they are TOP NOTCH. Hands down best CS I have ever dealt with, for anything. I am in Customer Service, and they are very, very good.

Awhile back, people were complaining about ripples or creases in their HE series skates. Now to me, it's a just crease, it's not affecting performance. But the creasing was happening prematurely, so Mission was replacing skates.

Give them a try. See what they can do for you. Worse comes to worse, you get an RA, you send the skates to their NY warehouse, they look at them and decide the skates are fine. They send em back, you're back where you started.

I wish I could but you know me, I took the frame off and mounted an Alloy on there, so really nothing I can do about it now...lol Its really not that big of a deal all and all....Besides I finally got those D-1 Limiteds today so Im going to get an Alloy put on those and hopefully they work out and I can use those as #1 skates and the 7500's as back ups.

Ahh, gottcha. That's definately the problem with swap-jobs, voiding of warantees. But I'm not sure how much of the warantee you'd be voiding. It's not like the new chassis has anything to do with the split in the ankle area. I wonder.

Ahh, gottcha. That's definately the problem with swap-jobs, voiding of warantees. But I'm not sure how much of the warantee you'd be voiding. It's not like the new chassis has anything to do with the split in the ankle area. I wonder.

My understanding is that any alteration to the boot (new chassis included) voids any warranty. I had a new pair of black fly boots that never had any frames mounted on them what so ever (neither ice or inline) and I put an inline frame on them. The sole started to separate from the boot at the heel, and I was told my warranty was void once I put the inline frame on them.

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/index.php?showtopic=17913

Granted, I put an inline chassis on an ice boot, so maybe that's the key issue.

Just so people know, the general rule to warranties, is that it can only be voided if the modification you make would have an affect on the part that goes bad. So for Stevoc's example, it is certainly possible that mounting the roller frame on an ice boot caused the separation of hte outsole, so it would probbly void any warranty, but in the case of Stock07, changing the frame form one to the other, could not possibly have affected the material or workmanship of hte ankle of the boot, and in theory, legally, the warranty would still be binding. Now i haven't read the fine print on Mission's warranties, but that is the general rule of thumb with something like that for most companies.

Your pretty much right SailRace....Mission would have replaced the whole skate, Their customer service is great...They wont try and get out cheap if something breaks...But instead of going through all that to get new skates and having to wait for them, I took them to my LHS and they are going to glue it and sew a piece of leather over it and pull it back together and that should hold it and keep it from rippping again, just the easiest and quickest way to get it fixed...But thanks to Mission and Justin for the help...

Glad you're getting it taken care of....

I would like to say - my earlier post was in no way directed at Justin or anyone at Mission. One of my teammates is a Mission Rep, and i have nothing but respect for them as a company. I also know that their customer service and warranty department are top notch. I was merely laying out some basic facts about warrantly replacements. I hope nobody took it the wrong way.

I figured that when I asked about my boots, it was a shot in the dark. I have no ill feelings to anyone on the outcome. I've been a mission user for years, and the one situation I had with the black flys will not change my opinion of the company.

Not sure if your comment was meant for anyone specific, but I thought I'd add my two cents. :)