Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gman

blade patterns

I apologize in advance for this. I know that balde patterns have been beat to death because I actually have done the searches. Does anyone know where to get a Christian #4 pattern blade? Or an inno Hull? I thought Mission was making the Hull now. Is there no copyright in the blade business? I have searched the Hull threads and see that it is either very close to the Ingila or not, and it is a heel curve or a toe curve. SIGH Sorry for the sophmoric questions, I'm new at this game and on a steep laerning curve. My son is looking for a slightly curved toe curve, slightly open with a five-ish lie. Not an easy thing to find. I though I had it licked with the Mission L2 as they have the Hull blade, but then I read different things about the Hull pattern. Any help will be appreciated.

I'd look into a Sakic, it seems to fit your description. Most companies have a Sakic clone too, so if you're gunning for a specific brand chances are good they'll have one.

As far as I know the hull is an iginla clone (or vice versa). With the only difference being that hte iginla has a short blade whereas the hull has a medium length blade. Both curves are typically classified as a mid curve. Hope I helped.

Has anyone got pictures of a Hull next to an Iggy next to a Sakic next to an Iginla??? That would be much better than the squiggly shaded line drawings and contradicting web site/blade finder descriptions. It also seems like blade patterns change alot from one year to the next and the names stay the same. I guess this is part of the fun. :huh:

I don't have a pic, but I'll sum it up for you.

Iggy = Hull, debatable that the Iggy could be ever so slightly more curved.

Sakic is akin to a more open Iggy with rounder toe. It may be curved a little less, but the openness makes it look more curved.

Okay I think that makes a little sense. They are all basically the same. Just a very little tweak here and there and will end up being totally personal preference. Does anyone know of a toe curved blade that is really a toe curved blade? It is really difficult not having an uber-stocked hockeyshop locally.....

Thanks again

I'd look into a Sakic, it seems to fit your description. Most companies have a Sakic clone too, so if you're gunning for a specific brand chances are good they'll have one.

again, try a Sakic or Sakic clone as it seems to fit what you are looking for

Thanks, I am really leaning towards the Sakic. Has anyone seen any cheap Sakic wood or even ABS blades anywhere? I am a real tighta$$ and hate to spend a bunch of money for a good blade to see if I like the pattern.

I am leaning towards the Mission L-2 shaft as well. I read the reviews on it and it seems like what I want. Anyone have any recommendations on a match between the L-2 and a particular Sakic blade?

Someone recommended the Nike Hedjuk. Anyone have expereince with that? I had not even heard of it until now.

I've never heard of the Nike Hejduk. I know Nike makes a PT3/P92 blade that's a Sakic clone - the old PT3 was called Legwand and the P92 is labelled Naslund.

I believe the Mission Sakic clone is the Rafalski.

Thanks, I had not heard of it either. The Mission Sakic is a Rafalski. What does that look like compared to the Mission Hull? I assume they are very close to the Iginla. The Iginla is very short right?

Okay I think that makes a little sense. They are all basically the same. Just a very little tweak here and there and will end up being totally personal preference. Does anyone know of a toe curved blade that is really a toe curved blade? It is really difficult not having an uber-stocked hockeyshop locally.....

Thanks again

The Christian Recchi "clone" is a toe curve. It's much more of a toe curve than any of the others mentioned

Thanks again

The Christian Recchi "clone" is a toe curve. It's much more of a toe curve than any of the others mentioned

Sweet, now we're getting close I think. Who sells this? Once again, prompt stupid (from here on out known as "PS"), but I can't find these on the big sites.

EDIT: It is a CCM blade and I found a description at Kemp's hockey. Does no one play with a toe curve? This one is described as a "mid".

The actual recchi is a bit more of a mid or mid-toe. I believe the Christian is the #5 curve. We sold a lot of Christian blades but they only had tapered comp or wood and standard in wood.

If this link works, what do you think about this one as far as being a toe curve?

<<BB3LFflip.jpg>>

I guess I may be looking for a more extreme case of a toe curve. Is this close to a Recchi?