Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stock07

Rink Rat Hornets-vs- Hot shots

Who has used both Hornets and Hot shots?...What diffrence do you find between the two wheels, grip, rebound, speed, durability?...How much do you weigh, and does that have anything to do with which of these wheels you chose?

If you really tear thro wheels id go for the hornets. I weight 170 and im extreamly hard on wheels and they have been holding up great. These wheels have amazing speed and grip.

Both are phenomenal wheels, the Hornets have a bit more rebound to them so they feel a little bit bouncy at first. I weigh 230-235ish and tear through wheels left and right, and have had nothing but great life out of RR.

I have Hornets and like them alot, they seem to last awhile for me as well and Im not really hard on wheels...I was just thinking of getting some hot shots and didnt know if the 76A would be to hard for me and Id be slipping around everywhere, I weigh 155lbs?

I'd like to know the weight difference.

I currently use the mb816's but have cracked 3 in the last month alone!!!

I used to to run Hornets and they were great and are still an option....but compared to the mb816's, they really heavy.

How's the weight on the Hot Shots considering they have an open hub design?

Do the Hot Shots hold up as well as the Hornets?

krog7d7,ive used both wheels,hot shots will hold up like the hornets and seem lighter in weight,but i dont feel they grip as well as the hornets,they feel like hot shots are a soft wheel and hornets are a extra soft wheel,both hold up great.and yes i thought the new hub hornets were to heavy in my opinion.