Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Norm

Missions: Which way on a half size

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Mission He5500's but I'm an 11 1/2 and the only ones offered are 12 and 11 whole sizes. Does anyone know if Missions run a little small or big? They'll EE width regardless.

Thanks,

If your going EE width Id definatly go a 1/2 size down to 11...Its not that Missions run big or small, Ive just personally always gone a size down in them regardles...It says Missions run same as your shoe size, this is true to a point. But shoe sizes run diffrent brand to brand...I wear a size 8 shoe in Nike's and wear a size 7D in Missions..If this helps ya at all.

Try on an 11 and if they're too small, get a 12.

Best advice right there, not to mention a good laugh for me since it's the most common sensical solution.

I went up a half size on my mission skates. I wear a size 9 shoe, but the mission 9 was just too tight on my toes. The 9 1/2 gives me a little room in the toe, which I like. (these are in the d1c days)

Just my 2 cents.

It depends on your individual foot shape and size. There are a lot of factors to take into consideration when fitting a skate to your foot - go to an LHS and try both sizes on for sure...

I went up a half size on my mission skates. I wear a size 9 shoe, but the mission 9 was just too tight on my toes. The 9 1/2 gives me a little room in the toe, which I like. (these are in the d1c days)

Just my 2 cents.

You are must have a really weird foot...You should be in a size 7.5 to 8 skate....Do you like a loose skate? Just curious...

They fit fairly snug, but are very comfortable. I do have about a half inch at the toe end for room.

I tried a size 9 and they are too narrow for my foot. Even in the EE (wide skates) the toe caps are still to tight in a size 9, with the plastic of the cap digging into the sides of my feet.

I believe I have a normal foot, although it may be a little flat in the arch. Maybe my many years of martial arts have altered my feet in some way? <_< hmm....

I even tried a size 9 in the new 7500 and 3500 skates....My understanding is that the toe cap is approx. 4 mm wider than older models, but the toe cap still digs into my foot.

I can take pics if you'd like? :D

I went up a half size on my mission skates.  I wear a size 9 shoe, but the mission 9 was just too tight on my toes.  The 9 1/2 gives me a little room in the toe, which I like. (these are in the d1c days)

Just my 2 cents.

You are must have a really weird foot...You should be in a size 7.5 to 8 skate....Do you like a loose skate? Just curious...

Oh, so to answer the question, I guess I do like my skates a little on the loose side. It mostly comes down to the toe cap though.

Maybe my foot is a little wide in the ball area....maybe.

I went up a half size on my mission skates.  I wear a size 9 shoe, but the mission 9 was just too tight on my toes.  The 9 1/2 gives me a little room in the toe, which I like. (these are in the d1c days)

Just my 2 cents.

I guess I am a strange case... ;)