Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LetsGoWings13

Weird wheel problem

Ok after using my new mission 7500's last night i was looking at my wheels and two of my new hornets were half grippy and looked new and the other half of the wheel was dull and had no grip at all. Is this a wheel defect or what should i do to get the grip back

possibly a wheel defect, possibly just needs to be skated on a bit more. I use to have the same issue from time to time with new wheels and after a couple skates they'd liven up a bit. Granted it's been some time since that happened, back when I was rocking Formula G's and Gripper Snappers back when they were it so I haven't heard of this happening real recently.

you can't gauge grippiness by feeling the wheel, just like you can't judge bearings by spinning the wheel...

there is a layer that usually needs to wear off in the beginning (it makes the wheel shiny on the shelf) before you get the full effect and benefit of the wheel...

people may have skated on the skate in store and given it a slightly dull look as well

Yah, from many experiences with RR,the wheels feel VERY slick to the touch when new. You may slide a bit at thebeginning, but after about 10 min they are money