Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheProfessor

New to Ice hockey

I believe Iceoplex was originally Addison before it was The Rink....ITC has great ice..the wed/fri pick up is solid..but I've been there on Mon -Tue's all alone and just do drills...same with DPSC Frisco

Ad in the Dallas News had 5-7pm stick n puck at Fair Park,

Cool, Im thinking of going to the 6:00-7:20 stick and puck on wednesday to work on skating. Ever been to the early morning S&P or know how crowded it is? Im hoping it won't be so i can stay out of everyones way.

Ive heard of that "new" rink in Fair Park, but never been there. I guess it wouldnt be too bad if you went during the daytime :D

Cool, thanks. Lots of good advice here. I assume at these stick and puck sessions i bring my own pucks. I've heard that you freeze ice pucks before using them. Is that true?

For stick and puck sessions it isn't that important to ice pucks before hand. For Games, pucks should always be frozen before hand. Pucks are frozen to bring them to the same temp as the ice. It prevents the puck from "sticking". Warm rubber melts the ice.

Cool, thanks. Lots of good advice here. I assume at these stick and puck sessions i bring my own pucks. I've heard that you freeze ice pucks before using them. Is that true?

For stick and puck sessions it isn't that important to ice pucks before hand. For Games, pucks should always be frozen before hand. Pucks are frozen to bring them to the same temp as the ice. It prevents the puck from "sticking". Warm rubber melts the ice.

Just make sure the goalie knows it before the game. Frozen rubber hurts more than warm rubber.