Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Rexall Place

Noticed something last night...is it the only arena where when on TV, the camera side is the players' bench side? Usually the camera is on the penalty box side and you see the players' benches on the top of the screen. I can't think of any other arena that is not like that.

Another easy way to tell is if the players see the ice surface logos upside down, then it's the norm. If they see them right side up, then it's like Rexall.

Speaking of Rexall, that building is an exact replica of the Canucks old rink, the Pacific Coliseum. Now home to the Western Hockey League's Vancouver Giants.

Cheers,

One thing I've noticed from being to Rexall is that it doesn't have box seats all the way around, only 1/2 of the way, around the benches. Most rinks that I've been to have this seating all the way around. The seats on the penalty box side go all the way up to the nosebleeds, there is no filming area really. There are the random filmers over on that side but CBC doesn't televise their filmings.

Another thing about Rexall is when you come in to the seating area your on ground level and walk up to your seats up like GM Place. I'm not sure what its like for the other arenas around the league.