Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Torhs Team

wheel warranty

I have 7500's and bought them through hockey monkey. Had them for about 2 weeks and skated on them about 7 times. The front wheel has already broken. I did not change any wheels, I had the new rink rats that are black and grey on them. The wheel cracked in half and then alot of the rubber came off.

Can I get a warranty to get new wheels?

Would it not be worth it because I would only get one wheel back?

Who should I contact?

Mike from Rink Rat, he's on here as Rink Rat 15, and his e-mail is floating around here in some threads.

It's gonna take a while for him to get back to you...

I have broke 5 wheels now and counting.....He was very cool in email. Said he would be sending new wheels..., just haven't seen the wheels or heard back from him.

I hear he gets VERY busy from time to time...but usually follows through.

Good luck.

If you had tyres on your car that kept failing would you keep buying that brand ??

Why do players rave about products that seem faulty on a regular basis ???

If you had tyres on your car that kept failing would you keep buying that brand ??

because RR doesn't really have that many issues, at least not from what I've seen. Any manufacturer can have a bad run of product, look at the whole Firestone incident a few years back with Ford Exploders. Lets bring it back to hockey as well, why do people rave about Mission products after everything that happened with last years line up? Because they had a bad production run, but it's alot better now and still worthwhile to get.

I know I sound a bit defensive of RR here, but they make a product I truly believe in. Labedas are good wheels, but the whole Millenium (Gripper, Gripper Lite, Dynasty)series was costing me and others much more than investing in RR wheels, just due to grip life and wheel longevity issues. Hyper/Factory couldn't give me wheels at this point with all the issues I've had with Trinity's, Duality's, Unity's and the Z-Rated's. RR lasts long for an expensive high end wheel, retains it's grip and really has few issues.

I would have to agree with sdcopp. The first batch of RR wheels every made were not bored out deep enough in the center for the bearing to sit, so when placed in the chassis, didn't spin very well. They replaced mine with the newer model and I haven't had an issue with them ever since. I have heard of the MB816 hub cracking but from what I hear now, they have fixed that issue.

It is all about Loyalty.......did firestone lose business because of the Ford issue, probably with Ford, but the people that use Firestone are still going to buy them because they are high end reliable wheels. I guarentee it!

I like RR because they take responsibility for their product and although it may not be the most efficient way of operating, it keeps the customer pleased, which is really the ultimate goal. That and making money!

Will I every buy another wheel? No......even if they are defective.....I believe in RR wheels and love them.

Keep up the good work Mike and the rest of the Rink Rat Team!

Despite the odd blip, RinkRat wheels are some of the best performing and most durable wheels out there. I've tried the rest and these are time and time again the best.

I agree with you to a point....

I always skated on Rink Rat Hornets...best wheels I've been on.

I tried the new MB816's when they first came out because I believe in the quality on Rink Rat wheels.

However, I've broke 5 of the hubs through normal play. I've had them since October. With the hornets...I've had them for 3 years and they're STILL a viable wheel.

Mike at Rink Rat assured me I got a bad batch of the MB816's. I'm hoping to get a new set from him soon.

With all that said.....If they new wheels start cracking on my...I'll be moving back to the hornets or even trying to the Hot Shots.

Side note: The reason I switched from the Hornets as because the weight of the new MB816's is really light. But with all the problems I've had, If the new wheels don't correct it, I'll give up the lightweight for the durability of the Hornets.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind words, We appreciate the loyalty and will continue to make the Worlds best wheels. If and when we have had an issue we have always taken care of our customers. Some have taken longer then others and I apolagize for that. I will get to you I promise. We had a few issues with hubs which are now corrected. I have always said that were only as good as our customer service and by the sounds of it were doing a good job from that end. I will always try to take care of you guys because i'm a player to. Well at 37 I'm declining rapidly!! LOL

EST, I think its time to turn the page buddy your pot shots are getting old!

Have fun guys and we will see you at the rink.

By the way I will be looking for some people to help work the Rink Rat booth at Torhs Nationals and Narch Nationals this summer. If your interested please email me at

mike_hunt@mearthane.com

mhunt@mearthane.com no longer works due to a virus!

By the way I will be looking for some people to help work the Rink Rat booth at Torhs Nationals and Narch Nationals this summer.

Too bad I'm not in Michigan or Toronto, I'd love to help ya out Mike