Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hobbes_86

Need advice on wheels

So I am looking at getting back into inline skating for the purpose of improving ice hockey skills and getting some sun. I have an old ice boot and will be mounting a Tuuk rocker chassis to that. Bearings and spacers are covered as well. My question is wheels. Last time I bought wheels the big thing was Kryptonics Mr.Stickys for indoor sport court use. Yes it’s been that long…hush

My second issue is pain. Every time I skate, after about 10 min the bottoms of my feet are killing me. I have done everything from changing chassis to switching to a boot that was well broken in and never gave me troubles on ice. Jr has suggested that maybe my wheels are too soft. I am currently skating on 72/76a in a warehouse.

So now I’m looking for a decent (not too expensive around $5 per wheel) outdoor wheel that will hold up on cement and asphalt and won’t kill the bottoms of my feet.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

i've got some world cups in the for sale section...

but i don't think the wheels are your problem. Maybe you're lacing the skates too tight?

I would like to say that Rink Rat wheels do not perform well outdoors (concrete or roads). Their pour is terrible compared to other 84A durometer wheels. If you want quality outdoor wheels, I personally suggest either the Labeda Asphalts or Hyper Pro 250. Hell, even the Hyper Pro 150s (82A) lasted longer than the Rink Rat World cups I had. I'm about 5'10" 175lbs.

I play every saturday for about 3 hours. Knowing that, they lasted 7 weeks before they split in half down the middle. You could peel the outsides away from the hub. Two of them chucked on the inside edge. I wish I kept them so I could show a picture but I had to ditch 4 of them last week in the middle of the game. I just don't think they are durable enough for their price.

i've got some world cups in the for sale section...

but i don't think the wheels are your problem. Maybe you're lacing the skates too tight?

Naa I don't think its a lacing issue. I never had this paing in these boots when I played in them on the ice. Getting a harder wheel did help with most of the pain in the bottom of my foot. Now most of the pain is on the outside of the foot. But I think that is because of using slightly different muscles in the foot for stopping and such.

Also thanks for the wheel help guys!