Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Nike V10 Shin Pads

Product - Nike Quest V-10 Shin Pads

Fit - Right off the bat these shin pads felt real comfy. My knee fit right into the donut and it seems as though after a few games of usage the orange foam parts start to form to your leg. The extra flap at the top of the knee cap stays down and stays out of your way so you don't have to worry about that bugging you during game. The straps that come on these pads are non-stretchy. At first it felt like some blood-sucking thing was laying away on my leg but after a few games you get used to it and if your like me, you'll like it better than the stretch straps. 9/10

Protection - This is where I question the shin pads. I have no clue if theres something wrong with the V-10 lineup but there are times where you don't feel a thing and you really feel it. I guess the right way to say it is there are times when you need to really rely on it, and it's not there for you. I'm not scared to block shots with these. 7.5/10

Weight - Weight isn't something that bothers me too much. In comparison with my old Easton Octanes :rolleyes: these are a bit bulkier and heavier but I guess thats all the extra protection. 9.5/10

Durability - It's been durable theres no doubt about it. All I see is the yellowing of the white and a few puck marks. No structural damage and nothing that would compromise it's performance. 9/10

Intangibles - Maybe it's just me but I'll go back to saying, there are times when it's not there for you. If you want something that you can rely on 100%, I don't recommend Bauer or Nike. I would say get RBK/Jofa, but these are comfortable.. I'll give them credit for that.

Conclusion - Not going to buy this again, I'm going to go Jofa/RBK next.

Final Score - 8.8/10