Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mattsson

Mission Helium Elite 06 Sr

Alright

Im goin to chicago on saturday and im gonna buy some new pads (im 13 so i cant really buy thoose vaughn for like 1000 dollars)

So i was looking around and i found thoose Mission and i was wondering if they were any good?

Cause there isnt really any mission pads here in sweden.

I found a pair of them for 399 Usd and i thought

Hey thats a little bit cheap!

Are they like shit or somthing ?!

Mission makes some great pads... really good value for the money. And they keep getting better every year.

I've owned both previous generation pads and (after a few mods) was quite happy with them. The new Heliums seem to be another big step forward for them. They seem to have really worked the bugs out. I'd recommend them and I'm sure you'll be happy with them.

Welll..they're available at a site called Icewarehouse so...heh.

I read on another board the breakdown of the Mission pads. I just read it, and I ain't got a clue about the truth of it...but seems to be bout right.

Pro: Made for ice play

Elite: Ice play would be fine, awesome roller pads

Lite: Some ice play is ok, good for roller

Grommet: Kiddie pads

okay so i can still play with the elite ones...Without brakeing my bones and stuff?

Im playing the highest series 15 yearolds in sweden (im 14 now)And i get the whole set for about 500usd at icewarehouse.com

Post fast coz im goin away 2morrow!

Chicago !

Errm...well now that you say your in the highest level of play, ehh not so sure. Just cause idk how proven they are for high level ice play. Maybe go for something more proven if you can? There are DR pads and RBK pads for a bit less and those are more "pure" ice pads if you could say. I know more people have experience with those. I mean I love Mission, but you sound serious in your level...though you won't be breaking bones I'm sure if you went ahead with them.

Just to mention some other pads that might be worth looking at. The RBK SR model pads, great pad for the money, no reservations about using them for a good league. Also maybe itech 7.8, maybe not the best designed pads, but def able to take some abuse. Just food for thought.