Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapamatt122

Knee Injury..

Because I havn't.. until possibly tonight. So about an hour ago I was playing pickup and one shift I was hustling to a loose puck and so was the opposing player, we both got there at the same time and both proceeded to stop with me almost kind of jumping out of the way which was stupid, somehow he still hit my legs and I got twisted around in the air, and I landed almost belly flop style, but my left knee hit first and it jammed right into the ice, basically the top of my knee is what hit the ice (if your sitting in your chair with your knee bent at a 90 degree angle like normal, the part of the knee that you can see is what hit).. anyways, I think the contact with the guy made my shin guard get out of place or something but all I know is my knee got jacked up.. lots of pain but I managed to get up and hobble back to the bench where I sat for about 10 mins while my knee was throbbing yet numb at the same time.. the pain went away (or I just choose to ignore it) and after about 15 mins I tried going back out on the ice but basically I couldn't put any pressure on my left leg so I came right off and decided I will just further hurt myself. So now I'm home, my knee proceeded to throb all the drive home. I can't put any realy weight on that leg and the knee cap is swolen a bit, but no discoloration yet. I took 600mg of ibuprofen and I'm icing, I think tomorrow if it still hurts, I'll go to the doctor. Sorry this was so long and detailed, but I'm just wondering if any of you have experienced something similar and if it led to a serious problem (my rec leagues start in 2 weeks).

I would defiantly go see a doc. Granted it’s probably just a bone bruise or something relatively minor like that, but then again you could have fractured the kneecap.

Good luck!

i had something like that but its totally messed me up. i got tripped going full speed into the boards and my left knee took the ful impact. my head took a secondary hit and i was unconcious so thats how hard i hit. but anyway i know what u mean about the throbbing and numb bit it felt like my knee was burning. I couldnt walk for like a week and i had to have physio for a couple of months. i can skate and everything now(like a year on) but i had tendon damage and now any impact on my knee puts me out of hockey for a week or so. thats why i now wear the biggest knee pads ever n im ok. But even now the face of my knee is still a bit swollen and its still numb i have the weirdest sensation when i touch it(which i dont cos it makes me cringe). But anyway knee injuries are the most horrible things...which probally doesnt make you feel any better.

I would go see the doctor if its still not right just in case. Because when i went to ane they said it was just bruising but when i was still in agony after a fortnight i went to the doctors and the physio and they realised i had damaged all the tendons.

Torn ACL in my left knee when I was 12 from playing soccer. Jackass two-footed a challenge and slid cleats-up right into me. I heard a popping sound, and felt nothing but pain for hours. Took me the better part of a year to get back up to speed again!

Really bad knee sprains/cuts/bruises from mountain biking in my 14-16 phase.

Nothing really too bad in my knees since, it's mostly my ankles and shins and shoulders nowadays, LOL.

--nick--

dang.. well hopefully this isn't serious.. it seems to be a bit better today, as its not throbbing anymore. its definetly very tender still and I have to limp around. I have a doctors appointment in 3hrs so I'll update when I get back.

just got back from the doc.. good news, nothing exciting to report. I have a bruised quad right where it attaches to the bone, and apparently there are sacs of fluid underneath that act as shock absorbers, and that suffered trauma which is the cause of the swelling. all in all, he said just baby it and load up on Motrin or Aadvil and ice it for 5-7mins 3 times a day and I'll be fine.. and wait at least a week before going out on the ice again.

Looks like you made it out lucky. Dislocated my knee in early 05, and was out of hockey for 4 months. Nothing but more injuries lately. Hurt my other knee (just a bruise) and dislocated my right again this year, but not nearly half as bad. And I'm only 16. <_<