Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

suppaman

shaft thoughts

okay so ive gotten back together with some friends (or will for over the summer when college is out) and we've decided to basically get a large group in the area together and formed an outdoor league (not an actual league just our own)

anyway, i have mostly one-piece sticks from ice, along with a vapor XV shaft (its tapered)..so im going to go buy a new shaft strictly for outdoor use

dont care to spend much since its just for fun on the side, so does anyone have any thoughts, i probably won't top $50

i can get the typhoon for $30 at my LHS (on sale, they are getting rid of all last years easton shafts) will that fit the bill well? or is it really shitty and should i think about getting something else

side question: i could use new skates too since my old supremes are basically shot, they have adult (i only found juniors online) nike quest aero's at my LHS also for $50..considering im playing outside they dont seem to be to bad (abec 5 bearings which are as high as you'd want to go outside), will they fit the bill, or was their a lot of negative stuff on them last year

well for the shaft it shouldnt be to difficult. Theres plenty of shafts you can get for under $50 including a blade sometimes.

the typhoon like you said, ultra lite, z bubble (original) ultra carbon.

your preference

I think a $30 typhoon is IDEAL for the hockey you'll be playing. Its a performer and it can take the abuse that asphalt usually dishes. The Ultra Light is always fantastic but you have to ask yourself if it's worth $40-50 more for the games you'll be playing... Not to mention an only slightly lighter stick and performance gains you may not even benefit from on a tennis court or in a parking lot.

Additionally, you may want to look into ABS blades as the outdoor game with chew up most wood or composite models pretty fast.

okay so i picked up the typhoon today at my LHS, came to like 32 and change with tax, doesnt seem to bad hopefully it lasts aha

the ultralite is a good shaft, friends of mine have it, but i like my OPS and tapered Vapor XV for ice hockey, and thats exactly what those are for (ice hockey)

last years ultralite was on sale but was only discounted about 10 bucks, so i didnt feel like spending 70 on a recreational shaft, ditto for the zbubble (which ive heard in terms of durability had some issues)...

thanks for the help