Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlGiballa23

NHL Lockout Elevated game?

Hi guys, I'm writing a paper on all aspects of how the NHL lockout elevated the game. So far I have:

Injured players given time to rest

Players can weight train and do off ice conditioning more

Play in other leagues and learn different styles of play

And a couple others. I need as many as possible and I'd appreciate if I could get a lot of input. If you feel any of my above reasons are incorrect, feel free to let me know in a positive constructive manner.

Thanks again,

Hazem

The biggest one for me would be the extra year a lot of younger players had to develop their game. Young guys like Staal, Spezza and Bergeron got a year in the AHL that allowed them to play in more situations and get more ice time than they would have had in the NHL.

- Gave rookies time to play elsewhere and develop (would ovechkin have played like this last season)

- With rule changes, in the aim to improve attendances, the style of play has changed, leaving some players to struggle, older players unable to keep up with the pace, some who thrived before unable to adapt, and some to shine.

-younger players more experience from AHL

-more speedy players givin the opportunity to shine

-more goalies have been givin a shot in the nhl becuase there has been a lot more scoring

-more fans

Hi guys, I'm writing a paper on all aspects of how the NHL lockout elevated the game. So far I have:

Injured players given time to rest

Unless you're Peter Forsberg

seems like the lockout gave people in the league time to think about the state of the game and give a much needed overhaul to the rules.

The best rookie class in years is probably a direct result of the lockout as well, but I think the rule changes are the real spark. watching ovechkin getting held wouldn't be much fun.