Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave

Recommended online retailer for running shoes?

I need a new set of high-end running/trail shoes and I wonder which is the US online retailer with the best prices on running shoes.

In particular I am looking into Brooks '02 Beast and Asics Eagle Trail III WP (both size US12).

I'll 2nd Eastbay and sign up for their free catalog. Last one they had was a blowout one and many shoes were <$40

just to over emphasize, i'll 3rd eastbay. crazy cheap prices some times and one of the few places that i can find non-basketball shoes in clown feet sizes that i need. good customer service too. messed up my order once and they corrected it extremely quickly.

Exactly. It's good that they offer other shoes besides old nasty Chuck Taylors in my size, even if they're discontinued models. I'm looking at some of the Shox they have there now, but they're still the ugliest shoes around.

Eastbay and Footlocker are the same company. Their headquarters is an hour away from my house. They also have a huge warehouse with new and blowout shoes to go to so I consider myself pretty lucky with that. One time I picked up some old model Adidas ClimaCools for $20.

How are those, Ethan? I'm tempted to order them but I hear they're a pain when it's wet because your feet will get soaked.

Eastbay and Footlocker are the same company. Their headquarters is an hour away from my house. They also have a huge warehouse with new and blowout shoes to go to so I consider myself pretty lucky with that. One time I picked up some old model Adidas ClimaCools for $20.

Yea I second that, my friend works for Eastbay. So I got her discount and bought a pair of Nike Presto (sp?) for 21 bones.

How are those, Ethan? I'm tempted to order them but I hear they're a pain when it's wet because your feet will get soaked.

I didn't wear them when it was wet so I wouldn't know. They kept my feet cooler and dryer than a normal shoe, that's for sure. I sold them to one of my friends for $15 because they didn't work to well for what I bought them originally to use - tennis. The toe didn't seem to last draging it on the court so much and I didn't want them to go to a complete waste after just a few uses. The also lacked support for quick stoping/starting. I used them maybe 6-8 times total then sold em off. If you just are gonna use them for walking around in or straight running - no quick stops and starts - they'll be great.

How are those, Ethan?  I'm tempted to order them but I hear they're a pain when it's wet because your feet will get soaked.

Go with the ClimaCools. I had a pair for volleyball and they were great, and I tried playing tennis in them but it didn't really work. I stonrgly suggest them for walking or even running. The wetness factor didnt really kick in. It was a light rain and it got them wet as any shoe would but only dampened my socks.