Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ambro

Painting Holders

Should I paint my Tuuk Lightspeeds Black on my Pure Fly's to make an all-black skate?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What type of paint did you use? And could you help me through if I do decide to paint mine so I don't screw up somehow...

ok...nobody answered my question regarding permanent marker's specifically. i've been referred here and the thread has been locked.

I had some time tonight in front of the TV, so i busted out my sharpie and started coloring away.

I only did it on half of 1 holder. Tomorrow gonna pick up some rit dye and dye the other one.

PICT0746a.jpg

that looks good (from this distance) :)

anyway, ambro, why dont you buy some kids skate for like $1 on a flea market and test it with several paintings

RIT DYE>>

It didn't work

I picked up a package, dissoved it in hot water then soaked my holders in the solution. I had a concentrated solution as I didn't want purple..but BLACK.

It did NOT work. The dye stained my hands, my smok, the container, etc...but it did not stain the holder whatsoever. I left the holder soaking for a good 20 mins, let it dry...and then touched it...the stuff just came right off....i put some water on it and rubbed and all of it came right off...I think there's a coating on the holders that prevents the dye from soaking into the plastic. I don't want to sand it because i think the coating is there for a reason...probably to keep ice water out from seeping into the mocropores of the plastic and weakening it....

Any other suggestions?

I'm a big fan of black holders.

THose look nice.

My next project is an inline skate...L7 boots with black H405 SureGrip frames (I'm ol' skool like that and HG was selling them for .99!)

i played with them tonite...one black holder one white...heh...

the black started to scratch off on places the puck/stick hit...but held up pretty good...no chipping and such...

held up great against ice/snow build up...no running...

i can just imagine the rit dye tho....a black/purple streak wherever i go...lol

you dont understand that people know what they are talking about when it comes to hockey we know how to do stuff like this i have done it flawlessly and one guy on here dyes professionally so if we want black holders we dont need to spend 80 bucks on t-blades there are cheaper and more efficient ways of doing this