Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Any computer gurus?

One thing for sure, multiple AV software packages can cause this. If you haven't removed all but one, then do so. Also, if one of them is Symantec, uninstalling it doesn't necessarily remove it. Symantec leaves bits and pieces of their programs all over. I've even had Symantec files taking up CPU time after uninstalling them.

I know for a fact that running Symantec AV and CA's E-trust on the same machine will cause it to not respond. Same with McAfee and Symantec or E-Trust.

That dosetn make much sense. How would they cause random window switching? Multiple AV software will slow your system down for sure, but I cant see it doing what he is describing.

Update: I switched meeses two days ago and haven't had any problems since -- hopefully that was my problem. It makes some sense, since my mouse was wireless, so it's possible the transmitter was constantly sending the wrong signal.

Thanks for everyone's help.