Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edwards38

Labeda Wheels

A friend of mine has just had a set of Labeda Fuzion rip to the core on the first run out he's 13 and about 5'9. The wheels had bubbles in before use has anyone else had this issue?

I have also heard great things about Tour skates apart from the Genesis wheels being a little inconsistant. They always get replaced if there are any issues from LHS so free wheels is always great but is this an ongoing issue?

there are only two types of wheels that anyone should be getting these days for indoor play, rink rats and revisions. everything else is just subpar and once again i don't count those $20 wheels from hyper just like i don't count a $200,000 car as "normal". anyone can just throw in the best of the best and make a good wheel. the key is making a good wheel without costing a ton of money. just like computers... hell if i had a unlimited budget i could make a intel system better then AMD but that would just be stupid

Edwards, the playing surface makes a huge difference too. Sounds like he simply got some defective wheels with the air bubbles and all but still the surface can be an issue. Fuzions are very soft and probably wouldn't hold up well on wood and some kinds of roll-on surfaces. Needless to say, these are NOT made from outdoor surfaces either.

Shute is right, for the best bang for your buck is with Rink Rats nowadays.

i don't know about the statement about making an intel better than an amd.

i had some labeda dynasty wheels and they were alright. i've used labedas for a while and haven't had any go bad except for when i played outdoor with them. i'm sure there are better wheels now as far as price/performance. but i don't think the quality is bad.

Everyone I have spoken to has had rink rats exploding on them and revisions dont seem to be lasting on ice court.

Thats quite a bold statement to say other wheels are subpar...

Wheels like skates and sticks are all about personal preferences.

Labeda has and continues to make high performance wheels made in the USA. While I believe Rink Rat and Revision make good wheels to say we are on a different level based on your preference is ridiculous. All the wheels mentioned have positive attributes whether it be grip, speed, wear and feel. While no one wheel covers all of the performance benefits mentioned above better than the rest, each has their strength. If Labeda was not one of the elite wheel choices available you would not see the top players and programs in the country skating and winning on them!

Everyone I have spoken to has had rink rats exploding on them and revisions dont seem to be lasting on ice court.

Thats quite a bold statement to say other wheels are subpar...

I'm one of the guys dave (edwards38) is talking about. Ive had a few rink rat wheels break on me. But these have outlasted all my other wheels by far, i recently switched to revisions to see what the hype was about, and mine have worn down very quickly.... had them roughly 2 weeks.

Noone else i know has had this problem so i guess i just got some bad wheels.

I'll probably be going back to rink rats next because they outlasted all of my previous Labeda wheels, I always seemed to chunk them quickly.

revisions dont tear up on ice court or sport court.. atleast not in my uses.. they've lasted me forever

my first set of revisions were done after just statewars last year. But about the Labedas my Fuzions have big bubbles in them too, they seem ok though but one had a big bubble that basically left it with a hole in the side right next to the core.

I cant complain thought labeda sent them to my shop as demos to try to get us to carry them.

Wheels like skates and sticks are all about personal preferences.

Labeda has and continues to make high performance wheels made in the USA. While I believe Rink Rat and Revision make good wheels to say we are on a different level based on your preference is ridiculous. All the wheels mentioned have positive attributes whether it be grip, speed, wear and feel. While no one wheel covers all of the performance benefits mentioned above better than the rest, each has their strength. If Labeda was not one of the elite wheel choices available you would not see the top players and programs in the country skating and winning on them!

What are Labeda wheels strongest attributes?

Teamlabeda and I already had a spat in another thread, so I will try to be a little less critical here to avoid that again. In all the wheels I've used, my general observations of them are as follows:

Labeda: Good right out of the package, but short lived for top performance. 4 weeks is about the best I can get out of any of their upper model wheels. Labeda Grippers (old school white wheels) are still the best thing I've ever had on a roll-on floor. Milleniums are probably the next best things, but here's where the lifespan drop significantly. Dynasty's have always been garbage wheels, and this is in comparison to the purple Milleniums. My opinion of Labeda's business practice is that they stayed with the same product for a bit too long while RR and Revision snuck in to steal business away. Have not tried Fuzion wheels or Genesis wheels, seen plenty of issues with the Genesis cores going to hell in a hurry. CJ Yoder is currently skating Fuzions over Genesis, so for all those who look to the pros for tips on what's good and bad, take that for what it's worth.

Rink Rat: Oh how I love these things. Long life with grip, and very good grip at that. MB816's could be the best wheel I've skated on since Gripper-Snappers were introduced back in '98. Hornets and Hot Shots are also phenomenal for their price-points and competitors. Hands down best wheels I've ever used

Hyper: Where oh where did Hyper's quality go? About '98 or '99 I was mixing Formula G's with my Gripper-Snappers for the best set-up I had ever found. Shortly after this Hyper as a company took a big dump with trying to innovate, but not accomplishing anything good quality-wise. Enter sport court arenas popping up and I've never wanted to touch Hyper wheels again. Very good quad roller skate and inline speed skate wheels, big disappointment in hockey

Factory: All hype, no follow through. Factory had an opportunity to make a huge impact and be a huge player, and they followed sister company Hyper's example and just bombed. Really too bad, as more companies that can compete usually means better things for the consumer

I have never had the urge to try Revisions because RR has served me so well, and I've heard very mixed reviews on them. If Revision ever wants to send me a set to try (yeah right) I'd consider giving them a shot. At 9-10 a wheel, I'm not gambling at this points. I'd rather throw 80.00 at toys for my little girl than a wheel I have never seen, touched, heard from local players about.

Again this is all my opinion and conjecture, but I do try to stay unbiased because of a product's name and reserve judgement for actual use

Speed, Grip and Feel are the strongest attributes!

Usually wheels with big bubble's in them are cosmetic blems which cannot be sold as first quality and mostly used for sponsorship or demo's. If you ever have a blow-out due to that we will replace.

i like the rink rat hornets but they crack way to fast,the revisions are holding up on my skates(all gold)pretty good still have grip and no cracks,this is well into 15 games,rr started cracking after about 10 games, they still had grip but i didnt want to deal with the exploding bull crap again.

I am a labeda guy all the way. Yes I have had Rink Rats and Revisions. I would go with the Green Dynasty’s those would be my favorite. I personally like the Genesis (Fixed Hub) and I have also skated Fuzions which were real nice. The fuzions are a little harder of a wheel though I thought.

i've been using labeda since the bad boyz days... i haven't had any problems with the wheels itself. my milleniums have lasted for many seasons and i ended up going with the dynasty's and haven't had any problems yet. i've skated 3 seasons on the dynasty's (haven't skated since last year though). i haven't tested them as long as my old ones but i didn't see any problems with bubbles or cracking on any of my wheels. but maybe i'm just lucky...who knows?

Hyper: Where oh where did Hyper's quality go? About '98 or '99 I was mixing Formula G's with my Gripper-Snappers for the best set-up I had ever found. Shortly after this Hyper as a company took a big dump with trying to innovate, but not accomplishing anything good quality-wise. Enter sport court arenas popping up and I've never wanted to touch Hyper wheels again. Very good quad roller skate and inline speed skate wheels, big disappointment in hockey

I have to disagree with the above statement regarding Hyper wheels. I've been using the same Hyper formula G era wheels since January and have had absolutely no problems with them. I have found the grip has outlasted any other wheel I have tried with the same amount of use to date.

are you guys useing anything to clean your wheels other then blowing the dust off?wipeing down with wet rags or anything?after each game i use a paint brush to get the dust off the wheels and bearings,seems to work pretty good (im skateing on sport court)

ive used them all and i still love my orange milleniums and gripper lights the best. im a big guy, and rink rats and the like just arent strong enough.

are you guys useing anything to clean your wheels other then blowing the dust off?wipeing down with wet rags or anything?after each game i use a paint brush to get the dust off the wheels and bearings,seems to work pretty good (im skateing on sport court)

Normally after a game I'll take a can of compressed air and blow out the dust, then run a rag over the wheels and chassis.