Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roofies

Shin Guards

hey guys...

i am in the market for a new set of shin guards to replace my old bloody heavy mission warps.

am caught between the easton Stealth S9 and the Reebok/Jofa 7K or 8K.

any feedbacks from you guys who has used either?

thanks lots.

I'm currently on RBK 8K's. The only thing I didn't like about em was the extra piece of padding on top of the knee. I ended up bringing the shinpads to a tailor who cut them off and sowed em up for me. No problems or issues with them afterwards.

I'd also recommend looking at the 6K's as they are new in technology and not as expensive. Plus they from what I've read, they sell pretty well in retail stores in the US.

There are a couple of threads on them here.

Lotsa luck.

:D Recently I scored a pair of Jofa 8090's on closeout at a LHS for $50.00-Killer deal and KILLER pad-might be able to find some somewhere out there-Awesome protection against knee hyperextension and I've blocked some pretty heavy shots-not even a bump or bruise

I nearly blew out my knee last week after losing an edge and flying into the boards knee first. I slammed the top of my knee against the boards and the Shin guards did not protect the top of the knee very well. when I look for a new pair of guards I will def be looking for more protection at the top of the knee.

I have the 7K's, they are great, had a knee on knee collision last week, it wasn't that fast and as soon as I felt it I made sure to try to kick my leg back asap as to counter the hyperextension and I was fine. I love these 7ks.

I have the 7K's, they are great, had a knee on knee collision last week, it wasn't that fast and as soon as I felt it I made sure to try to kick my leg back asap as to counter the hyperextension and I was fine. I love these 7ks.

could someone explain this to me. sounds like a great technique

He's just saying that as he made contact with the other player, he was able to swing his leg back and go with the blow (instead of stiffening up), thereby preventing a painful impact or hyper-extension