Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BK

Anybody from the Tri-cities area in WA?

I was in Washington last weekend with my fiance and we decided to go skating (we take our skates with us when we travel). I went to the Toyota Center and was kinda impressed. Anybody play there? Good ice compared to what we have around here. Staff was nice too. I will be back there the first week of July for my wedding and will have my gear there.. We will want to do some drop in.. any suggestions? Any good local hockey shops around tri-cities? She is actually from Sunnyside if that makes any difference (probably doesn't.. Sunnyside is a small vinyard town, but maybe theres something a little north of us?)

I used to know a hottie in Kennewick.  I don't know what happened to her.

The girl that cut my hair yesterday was from there.. she was a tall redhead (cute too).

I like the area.. just enough stores etc to keep me happy, but still fairly country-ish. I looked in google and couldn't find any local hockey shops.. I guess I could drive north, I saw a few in the seattle area.

The girl that cut my hair yesterday was from there.. she was a tall redhead (cute too).

I like the area.. just enough stores etc to keep me happy, but still fairly country-ish. I looked in google and couldn't find any local hockey shops.. I guess I could drive north, I saw a few in the seattle area.

yeah but they suck! they're only in the rinks except for a play it again

The play it again on the 99?

Any suggestions? I would think there would be SOMETHING in tricities?

I can't think of anything worth while unless you're willing to head out to Vancouver/Sherwood/Beaverton...and even then thats not much to write home about. Haven't been up to Spokane in years but thats the only other place thats coming to mind right now. I leard a long time ago that Oregon & Washington a fringe hockey states...BC and Southern Cali are the only major spots out west.

Yeah, it sucks. They hardly have anything.

Yeah, it sucks. They hardly have anything.

They didnt have anything when I lived up there. Which rink is right around the corner from there?

I've been up to Tri many a time. The hockey is good up there. It seems like they always have a bunch of teams that are competative.

I haven't heard of the Toyota Center, is it new? They used to have a really good little shop, probably the best in the NW called Hockey Oasis, which was right next to the arena the Americans play in. I want to say it was on Columbia Center, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it shut down a few years ago, and one of the employees from there opened up his own shop not too far away. When I was there he was just opening it up, so it wasn't too established. However, he does a great job at sharpening skates. I'd always try to coordinate my skate sharpenings to my trips up there.

With all that said, you might be the first person I've ever heard who has actually said good things about Tri.

I've been up to Tri many a time.  The hockey is good up there.  It seems like they always have a bunch of teams that are competative. 

I haven't heard of the Toyota Center, is it new?  They used to have a really good little shop, probably the best in the NW called Hockey Oasis, which was right next to the arena the Americans play in.  I want to say it was on Columbia Center, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, it shut down a few years ago, and one of the employees from there opened up his own shop not too far away.  When I was there he was just opening it up, so it wasn't too established.  However, he does a great job at sharpening skates.  I'd always try to coordinate my skate sharpenings to my trips up there.

With all that said, you might be the first person I've ever heard who has actually said good things about Tri.

yup, its still there :) I just looked it up. They have 2 sheets in two seperate buildings now. They have the arena (Columbia Center) and the toyota center (a little public rink that hosts midget, bantam etc). They are next door to each other.

The LHS is in the Columbia Center.. I will have to go check it out. Thanks for the tip :)

Thats what my family up there was saying.. They had never it called the toyota arena and columbia center.. I had to actually go on the internet (we needed directions anyways) to find it.. Nice rinks though. I cant wait to check out the lhs, im on the prowl for a xxxlite.