Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeyguy

Full Cage

The hockeycage link isn't working for me....Can some one post the pic...?

(10 minutes later) the link worked that time...Yeah, ugly cage...looks like a Lacrosse or Football mask

Guys, it's a cage for beer leaguers who don't really want to wear a cage. Not meant for real protection, just to keep the errant stick or (hopefully) puck from smashing your face. It's styled off the old cages that were worn in the 70s.

Guys, it's a cage for beer leaguers who don't really want to wear a cage. Not meant for real protection, just to keep the errant stick or (hopefully) puck from smashing your face. It's styled off the old cages that were worn in the 70s.

that's exactly what the guy said it was designed for...pretty much just beer/pickups that want a little protection but don't want to have the limited vision of a cage...i agree with kovy_ribs_fedo though, it's not very attractive...

I went to my LHS and tried the jofa and hated it, the chrome was just distracting my vision too much so I searched for the same cage spacing and found that there was an Itech that had very similar cage spacing dont remeber the model but its silver so it doesnt distract my eyes. Can anyone give me any feed back on that cage, the chin cup seems to be a floater so i can see under me which is good.

I went to my LHS and tried the jofa and hated it, the chrome was just distracting my vision too much so I searched for the same cage spacing and found that there was an Itech that had very similar cage spacing dont remeber the model but its silver so it doesnt distract my eyes. Can anyone give me any feed back on that cage, the chin cup seems to be a floater so i can see under me which is good.

RBE 3 or RBE 8. The RBE 3 is the traditional Itech cage, been around for years. The RBE 8 is probably the one you're thinking of, its shape does resemble a Jofa. Both are available in grey, both have floating chin cups.

If you are going to use a cage, the Jofa is tops. Personally, I have been going with the Itech Concept II Deluxe for the last 3 years. There are no bars getting in the way and if you switch or modify the chin cup and make it much smaller it is the best full shield in my opinion. Just use a little shampoo on it before each use and you will not get fogged up.

if the chrome was distracting, just get a black or white one....

The shampoo seems to work for fogging as well. I use it on both of my Itech's (before every game) and I never fog. Honestly, I use whatever my girlfriend has. Although I wouldn't suggest using one of those hardcore medicated shampoos.