Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

Can anyone give me an opinion on the Nike IgniteLX

http://www.hockeygiant.com/nkeign7lxsktsr.html

I am just looking for a low end skate for the summer, for skating and some pickup. Nothing really in my range in my area, so going the online route. I tried on a pair of nike quest aero 11ee which fit me very well down at sports authority.

Are these ones an ok skate to get started with?

Any help would be great.

And its for beginner roller pick up and just regular skating work

Cheers

I had them for 2 years and i loved them, they were my best roller hockey skates EVER!

The wheels lasted me about 6 months outdoor and then finally wore through but i would reccomend getting some outdoor wheels as when they slip going round a corner there are thick trails of yellow on the floor where they have worn away.

I had them for 2 years and i loved them, they were my best roller hockey skates EVER!

The wheels lasted me about 6 months outdoor and then finally wore through but i would reccomend getting some outdoor wheels as when they slip going round a corner there are thick trails of yellow on the floor where they have worn away.

Thanks man, I just ordered them so hopefully will be a good starter skate.

Cheers

Be careful with the sizing. I don't know if it's different from the ice boot versions, but the Ignite series were similar to Mission sizes (e.g. 1/2 size down from shoe size, but the newer Quest boots (which look similar to those Aeros) were closer to the Bauer sizing (e.g. 1.5 sizes down from shoe size). In other words, with the ice skates, size 11 in newer Quests are similar to size 12 in Ignites.

yeah what the person above said is true...

BTW I saw you said that they were $120 at your local Sports Authority, that's a bit odd...I needed new RHS for the summer just to mess around in with pickup games, etc with teammates and friends during the offseason, I was down in Albany, NY while visiting my sister and went to the same place looking for a pair of skates. I ended up getting the Quest Aero in 9 R (which is regular, they say (EE on the inside of the tongue but they are an R which is slightly wider than a D which is generally the norm now for RHS). I didn't want anything expensive for different reasons (playing on outdoors, and just for fun basically and to stay in skating shape a bit...though I still go to the local ice rink a few times a week during the summer). Anyway long story short, the price of the Quest Aero's were only $69.99, so I was shocked to see in another thread that you said they were $120 (or something around there). They initially sold for $129.99, but they are an 05 model (last year) so they were marked down to $69.99 when I bought them a few weeks ago.

But anyway, you just want a beginner pair so they are definitely fine. I was more so just shocked to see such a difference in price for the Aero's.

i live in northern VA, they have approximately 3 pairs of roller hockey skates in my local sports authority, and probably all are last years models.

The CCM Vector pf2 is also $119.

So with the sizing, are you saying if the aero 11ee fitted me ok, I should have got the ignite 12ee?

I hope not, order has been placed, dagnabbit

Couldn't tell you for sure, I'm just applying what I know about the ice skates. If your order hasn't shipped, call them up and ask them about the sizing.

Now the quest boots I tried on, were the aero 2, I believe there have been 2 incarnations since then.

How did the older ones fit? If you know.

The order hasn't shipped yet, but they don't have a 12 in stock

Now the quest boots I tried on, were the aero 2, I believe there have been 2 incarnations since then.

How did the older ones fit? If you know.

The order hasn't shipped yet, but they don't have a 12 in stock

Are you sure you didn't mean Flexlite 2? I'm pretty certain there is no such thing as an Aero 2. In fact, once they changed the Quest roller hockey skates for 04, they were just named the Shadow, Aero, etc. Then when the new 05 models came out they kept the same name's but updated (in fact I'm not sure if their was an Aero model for the 04 year) the skate itself (ie: there was no Shadow 2, it was still called the Quest Shadow etc)

The Ignite ice skates were a bit different like he said, but I have no idea about roller hockey or those pair of skates, so I don't know what to tell you. Like he said the best bet is to try to talk to someone there.

The pricing sucks in VA then, because the PF2's were $99 where I went, and I'm almost fairly certain they are $99 online too.

OK, I was almost sure it said aero 2, maybe it was just aero, but definately Quest Aero.

The ones I got were ignite LX 11ee, based on the aero 11ee fitting me perfectly.

The pricing in VA certainly does suck, because when I went on to sports authoritys web site after reading this the pf2's are $99 online as well.

I just hope the ignites fit me now