Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerseyDevil

Good cheap cloth tape

Hey does anyone here use gauze tape on their buttend? One of my teammates swears by it. Unfortunately he shoots RH and I'm a lefty so I can't really try out his stick. It feels nice but I'm wondering how it is for shooting and puckhandling? My buddy mentioned that it leaves really bad stains on the palm of his glove. He uses red colored tape. I was wondering if anyone can comment on that. Anyone use white?

Have used cloth, electric, and currently gauze tape.

Personally like the gauze tape overall for feel because the gauze tape offers added cushion to the grip. I add baby powder to reduce the stickiness and the routine has been very kind to the palms of my gloves, it makes a big difference. Unless the palms of your gloves are black, they will gently change to the color of the tape being used.

hockey39

i use electric tape. ben using it for years. its fine for me but i dont like a very big butt end. as for tape i guess ill stick with the cheap ebay stuff. it wears down toward the end of the game so its ok. id rather save soem money.

i have 2 more questions now (has to do with tape and durability) and they both deal with blades and tape and stuff. id be a waste to start 2 miore threads while we are on topic here

right now im using A&R Hockey Stick wax and it SUX!!!! it barely prevents ice from sticking to the blade. probably because its not gooey enough. whats a good brand of wax that prevents ice from sticking to your blade. its such a pain. i missed a play last night because i couldnt lift the puck! looking for something better

and 2. has anyone ever tried one of those slap-on-your-blade things that act as tape?? if so do they work well? im guessing they do but it would prolly feel a little weird. i mean it would save me from taping my stick before every game (and buying those wraps for shin pads) anyone?

Top shelf wax is really soft, probably the softest I've seen. I prefer Mr Zog's, it seems to be the perfect mix for me.

I have one of the atack pads on a blade, it was on the blade when I bought it from a member here. It's ok, but I prefer tape. I also used to use the WSI shin pad thingies. They aren't bad but I just use pads with two straps now and I'm happy.

A lot of guys have been using electrical tape on their palms....personally I think it'd be too slick, but they swear by it.

I also thought that before I tried it but when I actually put it on it feels very similar to Inno's Soft Grip to me. White Powerflex has the best feel ever if it's wrapped right, but it tears up the palms like sandpaper.

i use electric tape also and find it to feel very nice. i hated tapin my butt end because for the first few practices, you would have all the sticky stuff from the tape catch on ur palms and make it hard to move your hand around but the electric tape eliminates the problem.