Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JerseyDevil

Good cheap cloth tape

Hey guys. Great board here!

I'm looking for like a 50 pack of black cloth tape that is decent quality. I bought a 50 pack before but it ripped pretty easily. I'm not looking for friction tape. just regular cloth. before I bought a 50 pack for I think 30 bucks?? I really don't remember. Anyone know some place online I can buy high quality black cloth tape for cheap? thx guys.

im sure thats good tape but its expensive. i checked ebay. dirt cheap there. ill call tomorrow. thx guys!

btw - sorry about asking for the website. i checked jaybird.com and just saw the top of the site and am like "this is not hockey" and didnt even scroll down lol thx boys

The best tape I've ever used was Sportstape. JR sent me some when I bought a stick from him, and it was great. I'm not sure if its cheap though.

Sportstape didn't do well for me. I even tried putting 2 layers on the bottom then wraped overlapping half so I basically had 4 layers of tape on it. Wore through by the halfway point of practice (practices are only 1.5 hours long for me). Both rolls he sent me did that. The one thing good about it though is that it's very sticky but the adhesive doesn't come off the cloth like on Renfrew. Jaybird is the best tape overall I've ever used. The adhesive is a little weak though so the tape starts coming off where I end the tape job once in a while. No big deal though.

I've always liked Renfrew. Although it doesn't really matter for me because I go through tape like there's no tomorrow. I also have tried Jaybird and Sportstape. I just go through all of it. My advice is to just wax your stick and it should last a little longer, or at least for most people.

guys by dirt cheap i mean like 60 cents a roll. im not willing to pay more than one dollar. ill just buy the one on ebay. price is number one to me. not quality. but ill call jaybird before i buy from ebay.

If price is number one to you, then don't expect good durability. If you're buying 50 packs for $30 then I can pretty much assure that you will be getting poor quality tape.

Guest 2048

As long as they're not seconds, it won't be too bad. What I can't stand is paying 3 bucks for a roll of renfrew and finding stitches in the middle of the roll as I'm halfway through taping my blade. Really weird considering they're not supposed to be seconds.

Does anyone know how to get that sticky tape residue off of a fresh tape job? I messes up my gloves so much, btw I am talking about renfrew tape.

Take a damp towel and wrap it around the freshly taped buttend for a while. After it dries it will be much less tacky.

Renshit sucks.

I swear by Sportstape. We had so many problems with Renfrew's adhesive falling off the tape and we switched to ST and never looked back.

I tried that Jaybird stuff...strong, but the roll was soft as hell.

I've tried Jaybird, Andover and Renfrew tapes, and liked the Renfrew the best. The Jaybird tape was pretty strong, but the stuff just wouldn't stick properly. The Andover tape wasn't as durable as the Renfrew. The only problems I've had with the Renfrew is the threads on the outside of the roll ripping off and leaving a tattered edge. But I had the same problem with the Andover.

I've used several tape brands as well, and I have settled on renfrew. I have never had any problems with it. Durable, sticky, nice all around.

I forgot about Andover. Real good stuff, tied with ST in my eyes. Renfrew sucks. I'm using Jaybird right now, its actually holding up well. I'm still not getting multiple sessions out of one tape job, but its staying intact for the entire session, which is good.

Hey does anyone here use gauze tape on their buttend? One of my teammates swears by it. Unfortunately he shoots RH and I'm a lefty so I can't really try out his stick. It feels nice but I'm wondering how it is for shooting and puckhandling? My buddy mentioned that it leaves really bad stains on the palm of his glove. He uses red colored tape. I was wondering if anyone can comment on that. Anyone use white?