Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D-MaN88

Blisters from skates?

Hey,

I went to open stick and puck (roller) last night and I left with some pretty nasty blisters. The problem is I have 2 games in the next 2 days so no rest inbetween; what can I do to protect them and have them the least painful while I skate the next 2 days? Any info to products and or methods is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

D-MaN88

You can buy stuff to cover the blister, which will prevent it from getting worse...and take the edge off the pain. Go to the drug store and ask for help. Explain the situation. "Invisible Skin" or "Second skin"...something like that. You will probably have to go to an actual drug store though (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) rather than just WalMart. You might also try a hiking store. That is where I first found this product. I used to be involved in a lot of hiking/climbing. You don't want to be at 15,000 feet on the top of a glacier and have blisters so bad you can walk! So we would always take some of the "invisible skin" along with us just in case. I think this is better than the bandage idea mentioned above because this product is much thinner and it will stretch/move with your skin rather than bind.

WARNING! Most of these products will rip your blister off when you remove them, so don't take it off after the first game. Leave it on until after the second. I made this mistake one time. :-(

superglue works too if you have it and your blisters aren't enormous but even if they are it will work but you'll need a lot of it.

I used to get blister on my feet. Now i slip a small peice of foam in my skates. it compresses when you put your foot in, so you cant even feel it in there. I've been doing that for a while now. It works!

I used to use a product called "Second Skin". It was like a layer of thin gel that you would put on the blister and then put tape or a bandage over it to keep it secure. I have no idea if they still sell it though. It worked great for me.

I got something called moleskin. I think dr. s makes i.

tear off a piece and stick it wherever your getting a blister IN your skates.

worked beautifully for me in inline.

:)

I got something called moleskin. I think dr. s makes i.

tear off a piece and stick it wherever your getting a blister IN your skates.

worked beautifully for me in inline.

:)

+1

used to have to use it with new soccer cleats...works perfectly.

super glue your blister? :huh: WTF are you serious :blink: ... :lol:

I normally only superglue if the flap of skin is still there so I can "close" it up, one that is wide open I'd just bandage up with gauze and tape. Second skin is essentially the same thing as superglue.

I use a product called Nu-Skin, it's similar to superglue and it comes with an applicator similar to nail polish. Works really well, you just paint on a thin layer over your wound/blister and it prevents further irritation or infection. It stays on for days so it pretty tough.

The problem with just covering up a blister is rubbing. Rubbing caused the blister in the first place now with adding more material it could cause even more problems with rubbing and possibly infection. This is what I do for blisters:

Make a circle out of the moleskin and then cut the center out of the circle so you have a doughnut-shaped pad. Place the sticky backing on your skin so that the callus or corn is in the doughnut "hole" and the pad surrounds it. This keeps pressure off the blister and will facilitate healing.

I saw a special on the Canadian Rowing team a while back and they said they urinate on their hands to prevent blisters -- the 1 guy who didn't had some nasty blisters on his hands.