Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hockeyman9621

NARCh

How do you qualify for narch? Our team is in 3 Narch qualifiers in June. This is my 4th year of roller, but this is the first decent team I've been on that I think has a chance of winning a few tourneys and qualifying. How many would we have to win out of 3?

NARCh Regional Qualifiers are purely used (on NARCh's end) to seed the teams in appropriate division for the Finals

All regionals are different..in det last year Mississauga Hyper (who won Jr in '03) were 12th out of13 after the round robin ...and I think there were something like 10 plat seeds and 3 choice (Plat/Gold) handed out..

I'd say close to 400 teams will be in Toronto this summer ..

like Jim said.. its not always the place you come in. If you come in 1st and theres good competition at the regional you will qualify for platinum.. i think sometimes the same for 2nd.. sometimes theres a choice for platinum or gold

Jim, I assume youll be up there reffing? I think my team may show up, maybe not. we are for shore going to a Torhs National and maybe a huge usars thing or aau. But toronto is so far away from us.

Got any hot info for the 16u and 18u show ups? you usually know who is big at these things

It also depends on what Division you are. There are open divisions, like Men's, Women's and Over 30. If you are in one of those divisions, you don't have to qualify.

TORHS is in Taylor, MI we are in Toronto..not a big difference..I am going to stay out of all the crap AAU did to overlap this year..

I'm a TD, couldn't pay me enough to ref..

like Jordan 99.9999% retired from the inline hockey world and have not missed the long weekends (being at a rink for 42 out of 48 hours etc) getting f-bombs dropped on me all over, dealing with the sealweenies crowd etc

a good story on Andy Theissen one of the NARCh refs, at hockeyrefs.com who recently worked the WHL finals, first american born official ever to do so...but isn't good enough to work a Cub Gold game or so I'm told :D

I'm a TD, couldn't pay me enough to ref..

I thought you were one of the top refs or somethin. Well at least you know what your talking about.

And Taylor Michigan is alot closer to us then Toronto Canada ;)

Jim,

I have a NARCh related question....my team finished second in the Fredericksburg VA Regional (mens/juniors). I checked the results to see where we qualified. Apparently we qualified with a Platinum/Gold option. Unforutnately we dont think that we would ever be able to compete in Gold or Platinum. is there any way we could possibly dispute this and if so who should we talk to about it? Thanks

Mike

Honestly, NARCh does a pretty good job of determining where they think you should play. They all watch and see how you play and decide from there, not just based on your record at that regional. If you really want to dispute it, contact Daryn at NARCh. Gold level is a pretty broad level and not sure if Silver is that great but if you think you don't belong there, then fine. But if you do play in Silver and mop everyone up, he will make you play Gold the following year.

Mike,

Are you on the Hystyk squad? I haven't looked at the results just thought you mentioned that in the past..

they may be trying to tighten up silver after last year..it was great in '03(Cincy) but sort of looser in '04 with Susco out there playing D, Troho for Hystyk, Ellis for another team (part of a fill in). If you beat a full Towson squad (well they won that regional last year with 4 skaters) you have a good team..

Your best bet is to talk to Daryn, there are a lot of new TD's this year and I can say you never want to be the one who seeded someone below where they should be and watch them wax the competition!

hmm Wamps may know a little about moving up...just sloshing through Vegas @ WN..almost missing the playoffs and then hitting the "ON" switch to mercy a team in the Finals

Ahh, the good old days where I could skate without feeling like I am going to die! That was a fun tournament. I personally like the St. Paul finals win better. I scored with 4 seconds left when we were down 1-0 and we won in OT. Awesome time with both cups.

yeah..but my gf had driven up with some Madhatter people to surprise us and when you guys knocked them out (granted they wouldn't stop breaking out the left side on the small rink) they promptly turned around and drove home..who did you guys beat in the Finals, Explosion?

Yeah, for some reason we couldn't score on the tallest, lankiest goalie ever in the Explosion. The Madhatters were good, we didn't beat them again after that game. They beat us the following summer in FL as well as a regional in IL. We ended up playing the Explosion again in Cincinatti and beat them with a little more ease I think.

Too bad we have no more Magic to give!

Mike,

Are you on the Hystyk squad? I haven't looked at the results just thought you mentioned that in the past..

they may be trying to tighten up silver after last year..it was great in '03(Cincy) but sort of looser in '04 with Susco out there playing D, Troho for Hystyk, Ellis for another team (part of a fill in). If you beat a full Towson squad (well they won that regional last year with 4 skaters) you have a good team..

Your best bet is to talk to Daryn, there are a lot of new TD's this year and I can say you never want to be the one who seeded someone below where they should be and watch them wax the competition!

hmm Wamps may know a little about moving up...just sloshing through Vegas @ WN..almost missing the playoffs and then hitting the "ON" switch to mercy a team in the Finals

I am on the Hystyk squad, I was there last year with Troho and I totaly understand that they are trying to clean up the silver division, with that being said. I have a couple more questions for you (sorry to bug you). What is a TD? (Tounament Director?). As for our roster this year 3 of the 8 skaters we brought to Ft. Meyers last year are no longer with us. Truth be told the only reason we beat Towson nat the regional was because Daloisio (Kyle not Joe) played like an absolute madman. The problem with our team is that half of us want to go play Gold (myself included) and Half of us dont want to commit the time its going to take to actually get ready for the tournament (ie. practice). So I suppose I am going to follow your advice and contact Daryn to see what he can do (if anything) if he says yes thats fine and if he says we have to play gold that is fine as well. I realy appreciate your insight it kind of made me understand everything a little bit better. Thanks.

those are things to bring to his attention..TD=Tournament Director or That D*ck depends on how far into the event we are..haha...

the goal is always to put teams into the right division..but for Silver especially so..the first year there were so few blowouts it was great...if you are without Troho and some others..I could see you in Silver..

This is a different type of question, but does anyone know of a good "pro level" Narch game this weekend? I had a friend ask me if I could find one to go watch with him, and thought Narch would be perfect, since it's within driving range and the shops are usually all set-up as well.