Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

socom

New Stick

Ive been using a cheap stick for a long time, it has little curve a short blade and no tilt. Eventually it got too small, and I bought a Synergy 300 online. This has a big blade, a bigger curve, and allot of tilt. My shot with the cheap stick was great, but since I started using the synergy my shot sucks. It either shoots 20 feet over the net, or doesnt make it to the net. Any suggestions for getting used to the tilt curve and blade?

Sure you can adjust to a new stick. Just fire a few shots. Some guys can do it while warming up their goalie, for you you might have to go and practise shooting at the dot on the "i" on "Tim Hortons" right before the game starts. :lol:

maybe you have too high of a flex. I found when I was younger that when I tried to use my friends 100flex synergy and i didnt have enough strength to flex the stick, my shots went like 30ft above the net.

Ussualy sticks with a very high flex make shot weaker and go lower^^

That's what I noticed.

I switched from a 100 flex Forsberg/Modano which I have been using for like the last 10 years to an 85 flex Drury. After only two sessions with the Drury my slapshots are much much harder, although I really have to concentrate to keep them down or they will go way over the crossbar, whereas before my slapshots were more likely to go along the ice.

Wrist shots are excellent as well, although I'm having a bit more problem with snappers, especially off my back foot, they are high and weak. Although it's only been about 4 hours with a new blade and flex versus the last ten years of using the same thing, so I expect to take a while to get used to it completely.

I'd really like to try an 85 flex in my old Modano pattern to see if the increased power and height on my slapshots is due to the lower flex or the Drury blade.

Ussualy sticks with a very high flex make shot weaker and go lower^^

That's what I noticed.

I switched from a 100 flex Forsberg/Modano which I have been using for like the last 10 years to an 85 flex Drury. After only two sessions with the Drury my slapshots are much much harder, although I really have to concentrate to keep them down or they will go way over the crossbar, whereas before my slapshots were more likely to go along the ice.

Wrist shots are excellent as well, although I'm having a bit more problem with snappers, especially off my back foot, they are high and weak. Although it's only been about 4 hours with a new blade and flex versus the last ten years of using the same thing, so I expect to take a while to get used to it completely.

I'd really like to try an 85 flex in my old Modano pattern to see if the increased power and height on my slapshots is due to the lower flex or the Drury blade.

It's definetly not the flex, it's the blade. The Drury curve has a much higher loft than a Forsberg/Modo. You should get an 85 flex with a Forsberg/Modano, you should have better consistency with your shot, plus it's what you're used to.

You can't say its just not the flex, IMO the main difference between a decent slapper and a good slapshot is good stick flex and that cant happen if the stick is too stiff for you.

Having the right flex is essensial as it would gives more power and more velocity aswell.

Although what you said is also true^^

You can't say its just not the flex, IMO the main difference between a decent slapper and a good slapshot is good stick flex and that cant happen if the stick is too stiff for you.

Having the right flex is essensial as it would gives more power and more velocity aswell.

Although what you said is also true^^

Yeah I certainly think it is a combination of the two.

I think the 85 flex is giving me a lot more power in my slap shots, but the Drury pattern is giving me the height. I'm going to try an 85 Forsberg when I get the chance to see what it is like.

I think I tend to hit a tiny bit too far behind the puck on my slappers, so I assume the whippier flex is helping me out a bit as the stick will flex more and the blade will stay on the ice a fraction of a second longer.