Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

Prep Schools

find me a B team guy who went anywhere, only playing B, and remember, cushing wont take canadians, as I was told, we can find the same talent in the US. im sure a crosby would change this, but i'm saying

I'm sure Crosby wouldn't think about them for a second.

he went to shattucks you idiot, which is as good as cushing. Gavin you play club hockey, which as far as we are concerned, isn't even a league. Please, stay out of this thread.

The only thing I remember about Thayer is I think I fumbled twice that game and lost my starting role for a few games thereafter. And that was on the JV2 squad! :D

Burned?

Can someone share some info on Thayer Acadmey please?

i told you roenick and amonte went there, its a day school, they play in a competitve conference, what else do you want to know

he went to shattucks you idiot, which is as good as cushing. Gavin you play club hockey, which as far as we are concerned, isn't even a league. Please, stay out of this thread.

Right now it seems like all the crazy talent in the Q is coming out of Shattuck. I know of Esposito and Parise and Crosby all went there, and maybe I follow the Q a little more than other leagues, but Crosby and Esposito are the 2 biggest things ever to hit the Q. I don't know anyone from Cushing but that's probably because of my ignorance more than anything.

You're right I play club hockey. And you're right our team isn't in a league. We make our own schedule. But in my own time I do play Senior A, does that make me a person? And now that I remember that my college team isn't in a league, I won't participate anymore in this thread, I promise. Although I do enjoy reading through this, BC boys like me don't know much about prep school hockey, I don't know of any prep schools on the west coast.

Right now it seems like all the crazy talent in the Q is coming out of Shattuck. I know of Esposito and Parise and Crosby all went there, and maybe I follow the Q a little more than other leagues, but Crosby and Esposito are the 2 biggest things ever to hit the Q. I don't know anyone from Cushing but that's probably because of my ignorance more than anything.

You're right I play club hockey. And you're right our team isn't in a league. We make our own schedule. But in my own time I do play Senior A, does that make me a person? And now that I remember that my college team isn't in a league, I won't participate anymore in this thread, I promise. Although I do enjoy reading through this, BC boys like me don't know much about prep school hockey, I don't know of any prep schools on the west coast.

parise went to UND for 2 years after shattucks. I'm only chirpin you because you dont play legit college clubhockey, you dont even wear a cage

Burned?

i told you roenick and amonte went there, its a day school, they play in a competitve conference, what else do you want to know

I didn't see that post, so chill out kido.

Burned?

I didn't see that post, so chill out kido.

kido? im 7 yrs older than you, go suck on your pacifier you infant

Does being an internet tough guy make you feel good? Just wondering. I guess if picking on 14 year olds is your thing. Everyone knows your probably the coolest member on here, you dont have to prove it anymore.

parise went to UND for 2 years after shattucks. I'm only chirpin you because you dont play legit college clubhockey, you dont even wear a cage

K well I wasn't going to reply right away cause I thought I'd be getting off topic. But this thread is kinda going to pot so fast maybe what I was going to say will actually bring it back on topic.

You're right I don't wear a cage. And even though we (my coach and I) have talked about moving the team into ACHA (which is of course not "legit" according to your standards) because of the advantages but one factor for me is the fact we would have to wear cages when playing ACHA matches. This is a primarily selfish reason cause I'm basically one of 2-3 guys on the team that doesn't wear a cage anyways. But if it were up to me to decide, I wouldn't join the ACHA for that reason alone. I don't wear a cage for Senior A, and I would have a hard time adjusting just to play college.

Which made me think. If I were a young buck (not like me or yglod, but say like Langenbrunner15 there) and had the option of playing for a prep school, I would probably turn them up for a chance to play Junior A out west, do the BCHL > dub route. For the sole reason that I think cages are gay. You can still finish your high school while playing Junior A in Canada.

want a pillow for that dream?

When I am there, I will send you my pillow. Just chill out.

i told you about thayer and you chirped me, quit internet juicin and read

Which made me think. If I were a young buck (not like me or yglod, but say like Langenbrunner15 there) and had the option of playing for a prep school, I would probably turn them up for a chance to play Junior A out west, do the BCHL > dub route. For the sole reason that I think cages are gay. You can still finish your high school while playing Junior A in Canada.

I think one thing everyone, young and old needs to keep in perspective is that you don't just sign a permission slip and show up at the BCHL team of your choice's first practice... they have to want you to be there, and especially being from the eastern US, you'd have to be damn good for them to waste an import on you. Even if you contact them first, as soon as you tell them your name and who you play for, and what league it is, you'll know pretty quickly whether they want you. It'd be awfully hard for a kid playing Tier II hockey in NJ to jump into the BCHL at 15 or 16.

The same goes with prep schools - while you'd get a great education at some of them, you have to actually get in first. On top of that, if you're not going to play on the top team, you need to decide whether you really want to leave home and spend all that money when there may be slightly less elite academic options at home but will allow you to live a well rounded life, as well as not put your family in debt. If you're not going to play on the top team, you're probably done playing competitive hockey after prep school. It's hard to be realistic with your own talent at 16, but you'll have to figure it out.