Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest phillyfan

t'blade users

I had CCM Vector ZG100's and i loved them but they would cramp up my feet.

Switched to 8090 and was really happy with them especially whe i got Custom+ put on them.

But then i tried my mates RBK 9K's and i loved the feel of them thye felt so much like my old CCM's but the fit was all wrong for me in the 9K's

Did i like the pitch of the 9K's or somthing because it made me feel or stable on my feet and leant me forwards more, but i cant put a finger on what it was seeing as i am not an expert.

Can sombody help?

From what I understand, the 8090's have a negative pitch. That is what made them feel so much different from your CCM's and the RBK's, which have a positive pitch. I think the t'blade is supposed to give a skate neutral pitch.

Also, the 8090's felt a whole lot better than the CCM's because you were moving from a bottom of the line crappy skate to a 8090, which is a respectable hockey skate used by pros.

My reccomendation is, seeing as you seem to like a positive pitch, go buy a skate that has a positive pitch (Pitch 3, Graf Swiss, etc) that is very comfortable. Don't buy something like your CCM's, you paid next to nothing for them because they are pieces of crap. Put a little money into it.

Regardless of what skate you get, you can have the Pitch adjusted with a custom radius from any good radius sharpener. So find a skate that fits good, then if you don't like the balance, it's a SIMPLE fix.

Regardless of what skate you get, you can have the Pitch adjusted with a custom radius from any good radius sharpener. So find a skate that fits good, then if you don't like the balance, it's a SIMPLE fix.

Very true!