Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hillios

New Pads

dwayne has a good b-fly in his summits hmm i hadnt noticed...

...SINCE HE WEARS X-LITES with summit graphics so your better off with thxlites or whatever those ones are called

dont forget about the exceed blocker and the bionic glove

i would also go with the summits over the RBK's any day

I'm not a goalie but from what i've seen from fitting people for pads and playing against goalies, IMO the itech 11.8 seem to cover the five hole much more than anything else, but i'm not a goalie so i really don't know.

It's not about the brand, it's the sizing of the extra rise on the pad in relation to your flexability, reflexes and thickness of your pants and jock. CAn't close the five hole if your pants are super padded between the legs and your jock is massive (though, this is not a bad thing)

Most guys will get minimum +2 rise now, or big-ass thigh boards....but rise on the pads is better. However, costs more to get....

Also you might want to try and talk with the people a THR, they are a no-name company really you dont see people using them a lot you don't see the pros playing in them either. So you dont have to pay for their contracts. I would also trust these pads since they are made right in the basement. Also since THR stands for Toronto Hockey Repair, they do a lot of repairs to proo pads like the summits and ed belfours h10s(or w.e they are) so really they take every thing from the pads that are fixed and make them better on their pads. they also take the good things from other pads and put them on there, they also see what other pads don't have and they think they need on their pads and put them all. All this and the pad set with the pads glove and blocker cost $1599.99 same price as the summits aswell, my next pads will surely be those pads, oh i almost forgot the also take trade ins so you can get a discount off your new pads by selling them your old pads.The guy that practically sold me on the idea off getting these as my next pads was very helpful and he gave me a very useful tip aswell: he said when a player is on a breakaway 9/10 guys go to their backhands so you know what they are gunna do before they actually do the breakaway.

so i suggest you not go for the rbks and summits and go for the THR i will also give you the link to goalie heaven and THR(which are right beside each other) i would definatly suggest you go for these pads or smith or vortek like in the posts above me. :D

Sorry man, but THR is a mom and pop goalie shop. and their pads reflect it.

I wouldn't use their stuff even if I got it for free. Buddy I play with got talked into $1500 worth of goalie stuff from there and it's garbage.

It's not even cheap or a good deal.

As for opinion on the pads, it's all personnal preference. If you're a dedicated goalie, you'll buy, try and sell.

Only way you're gonna know what you like is to try out as many different types of pads as possible.

And if you're never sure, don't buy new. buy used.