Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hillios

New Pads

im looking at getting new pads. My choices are TPS summits or RBK premiers. Does anyone have an opinion on what pad is better. I am a butterfly goalie as well so im looking to get a pad the completely covers the 5 hole.

go with summits! rbk is just ****py pads with a lot of adversiting that makes people want to buy them so badly.

go with summits! rbk is just ****py pads with a lot of adversiting that makes people want to buy them so badly.

well thats a gross generalization.

RBK pads cater to someone who already has a nice wide bfly and doesn't use many other saves. They are like strapping two boards to your legs.

IMHO the Summits are a step up with the extent of the customization available in a stock pad but in all truth I think you should branch out and look into Vaughn Velo 2s, Smith 2000s and Vortek VK5s.

www.vortekhockey.net

www.smithhockey.net

I'm not a goalie but from what i've seen from fitting people for pads and playing against goalies, IMO the itech 11.8 seem to cover the five hole much more than anything else, but i'm not a goalie so i really don't know.

Brian Heaton custom makes a awesome pad at a great price. The Heaton Pro 10that a ton of top goalies was wearing is now the Eyelight 10. Amazing customer service also

www.brianheatongoalie.com

Check it out

from the pads mentioned the summits i find are really innovative becuse your toe isnt facing the shooter directly its actually set to the inside abit and also the pads have a hd40 foam so it deadens the rebounds slightly and also the pads are going to work in alot faster not being as stiff also as the rbks since they only have one break in the pad. another pad would be the 11.8 itech becasue they close really well if your a true butterlfy goalie

well 1 thing is that the summit does not have the 2 top straps thus reducing your closure of your butterfly. The RBK on the other hand has 2 straps at the top, the summits are a LOT more flexable than the RBK. so their is a lot of pros and cons too both of the pads my suggestion to you is to demo both the pads and see which ones are better for you.

Also you might want to try and talk with the people a THR, they are a no-name company really you dont see people using them a lot you don't see the pros playing in them either. So you dont have to pay for their contracts. I would also trust these pads since they are made right in the basement. Also since THR stands for Toronto Hockey Repair, they do a lot of repairs to proo pads like the summits and ed belfours h10s(or w.e they are) so really they take every thing from the pads that are fixed and make them better on their pads. they also take the good things from other pads and put them on there, they also see what other pads don't have and they think they need on their pads and put them all. All this and the pad set with the pads glove and blocker cost $1599.99 same price as the summits aswell, my next pads will surely be those pads, oh i almost forgot the also take trade ins so you can get a discount off your new pads by selling them your old pads.The guy that practically sold me on the idea off getting these as my next pads was very helpful and he gave me a very useful tip aswell: he said when a player is on a breakaway 9/10 guys go to their backhands so you know what they are gunna do before they actually do the breakaway.

so i suggest you not go for the rbks and summits and go for the THR i will also give you the link to goalie heaven and THR(which are right beside each other) i would definatly suggest you go for these pads or smith or vortek like in the posts above me. :D

THR

http://www.torontohockeyrepair.com/

goalie heaven

http://www.goalieheaven.com/

(p.s they are a butterfly pad so ye thats all for now)

hope i helped you in some sorta way :P :D

well 1 thing is that the summit does not have the 2 top straps thus reducing your closure of your butterfly. The RBK on the other hand has 2 straps at the top, the summits are a LOT more flexable than the RBK. so their is a lot of pros and cons too both of the pads my suggestion to you is to demo both the pads and see which ones are better for you.

Also you might want to try and talk with the people a THR, they are a no-name company really you dont see people using them a lot you don't see the pros playing in them either. So you dont have to pay for their contracts. I would also trust these pads since they are made right in the basement. Also since THR stands for Toronto Hockey Repair, they do a lot of repairs to proo pads like the summits and ed belfours h10s(or w.e they are) so really they take every thing from the pads that are fixed and make them better on their pads. they also take the good things from other pads and put them on there, they also see what other pads don't have and they think they need on their pads and put them all. All this and the pad set with the pads glove and blocker cost $1599.99 same price as the summits aswell, my next pads will surely be those pads, oh i almost forgot the also take trade ins so you can get a discount off your new pads by selling them your old pads.The guy that practically sold me on the idea off getting these as my next pads was very helpful and he gave me a very useful tip aswell: he said when a player is on a breakaway 9/10 guys go to their backhands so you know what they are gunna do before they actually do the breakaway.

so i suggest you not go for the rbks and summits and go for the THR i will also give you the link to goalie heaven and THR(which are right beside each other) i would definatly suggest you go for these pads or smith or vortek like in the posts above me. :D

THR

goalie heaven

hope i helped you in some sorta way :P :D

If you like the Heatons , have Brian Heaton himself custom make you a set !

THR

goalie heaven

hope i helped you in some sorta way :P  :D

If you like the Heatons , have Brian Heaton himself custom make you a set !

what do you mean? these pads are modified to the way you like them they are "your pads" you can get single boot strap double triple hell whatever you can practically dream of modifying he will do it.

yeah the THR pads are a good price but its not the same material or quality of the pads hes asking for. I know with the summit gear you can choose which type of foam you want in the pad and if u want any additional straps put in and if you want the outer knee roll to be one piece like the RBK is and also if u want to taper off the toe at all or add the sliding toe bridge

im looking at getting new pads. My choices are TPS summits or RBK premiers. Does anyone have an opinion on what pad is better. I am a butterfly goalie as well so im looking to get a pad the completely covers the 5 hole.

TPS Summits rotate better but have a shorter thigh rise unless you custom order extra inches. Pretty innovative pad though, lots of built in adjustment.

RBK Premiers (aka KOHO) have a great thigh rise but don't rotate as naturally, you will need to wear your straps really loose to get them to come around properly.

TPS has a break above and below the knee which will allow better closure for a goalie with a narrow butterfly. Goalies with a wide butterfly will prefer the RBK because it is an extremely stiff pad which will keep the thigh rises almost straight up at all times....

My preference between the two would be the Summits....but I have a narrow butterfly so they just fit my style better. Just my 2cents though... take it for what its worth.

Just outta curiosity, what made you narrow your choices down to these two specific pads? Kind of an odd pairing....they are at opposite extremes of pad styling (functionally at least). Knee rolls and breaks vs Flat face without breaks.

I've heard that if you get Rbks, anything less than Premier Pro might not be worth it. Summits, heard mixed things.

But if you realllly want nice pads...Vortek and Smiths:D

THR

no offence, but those are the worst pads i have ever seen.

to pay 850 for those junk pads are a waste. you can get Pro pads for 150 more. and check out the blocker, its 200 and its cardboard.

no offence again...

THR

to pay 850 for those junk pads are a waste. you can get Pro pads for 150 more. and check out the blocker, its 200 and its cardboard.

no offence again...

have you seen the pads because those arn't the pads they are much better than those

THR

no offence again...

have you seen the pads because those arn't the pads they are much better than those

from your site provided, this is what i got. call me cheap, but i didnt know cardboard was $200 for this amount these days.

cblocker.jpg

well if you were to look on the other site i provided goalie heaven the pads look much better and it is the newer pad

the other site hasnt been updated obviously, so look on goalie heaven

now it is past my bedtime so im going to bed lol jks(i dont have a bedtime but im going to bed now)

well if you were to look on the other site i provided goalie heaven the pads look much better and it is the newer pad

the other site hasnt been updated obviously, so look on goalie heaven

now it is past my bedtime so im going to bed lol jks(i dont have a bedtime but im going to bed now)

thing is its not the same material being used in the pads he is asking about. so he may not want a pad thats cheaper quality then the pads hes asking about

TPS Summits rotate better but have a shorter thigh rise unless you custom order extra inches. Pretty innovative pad though, lots of built in adjustment.

RBK Premiers (aka KOHO) have a great thigh rise but don't rotate as naturally, you will need to wear your straps really loose to get them to come around properly.

TPS has a break above and below the knee which will allow better closure for a goalie with a narrow butterfly. Goalies with a wide butterfly will prefer the RBK because it is an extremely stiff pad which will keep the thigh rises almost straight up at all times....

My preference between the two would be the Summits....but I have a narrow butterfly so they just fit my style better. Just my 2cents though... take it for what its worth.

Just outta curiosity, what made you narrow your choices down to these two specific pads? Kind of an odd pairing....they are at opposite extremes of pad styling (functionally at least). Knee rolls and breaks vs Flat face without breaks.

I just really like those pads. When Dwayne Roloson goes down in the butterfly the pads close amazingly. When christobalt huet goes in the butterfly the pads close amazingly as well but i have a narrow butterfly so it sounds like the summits are my style. All you have been a great help refering me to all the other pads. THR just aren't my style but i really had to think about the Vorteks. So thank you again

dwayne has a good b-fly in his summits hmm i hadnt noticed...

...SINCE HE WEARS X-LITES with summit graphics so your better off with thxlites or whatever those ones are called