Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLstealth09

Got Chassis?

You're not talking about Rink Rat and CCM's little Tri-Duro thing are you? I would ruin that front wheel in about two seconds. 76A outside on any other wheel is already getting burnt away from my feet. I'm on 68/80A Rink Rat's now, and finally feeling safe stopping and going. Don't think I could live with 68/76A Rink Rats.

And they better be getting some new colors. Yellow, Silver, and Gold do not look nice at all.

With the Hum'er is there a noticiable diffrence in speed over a hi-lo, sensor, one-up, etc... Are there other advantages that are noticiable? Ive read the reviews and post on them for awhile but none have made any solid ccomparsions between the diffrent frames, it just always says the Hum'er is fast because they have all 80mm....But for those who have them or used both hi-los and Hum'ers for awhile is it a big diffrence between the two?....I also realize it really breaks down to a matter of PP though in the end I guess...

I'm skating on both, actually. Just depends when the moon is out, if you can see the North Star, etc. My Hi-Lo skates are lighter, but it's hard to compare the skates I feel faster on the Hi-Lo because I think they have better bearings and are lighter than my XI's with Hum'ers.

It would be cool if I mounted two identical pairs of ice boots, one with a Hum'er and one with an E-Frame, used identical wheels and bearings, and checked out which one I'd prefer. It's hard to tell with different skates, but I definitely noticed more leverage, power, and potential speed with the Hum'ers.

Even more important than the roll (consistent speed) is the gripping power of the all 80's. With all the wheels using the extra urethane available on the 80's to grab the floor, the grip is unmatched, allowing you the option of using harder wheels.

I noticed that also. I'm on all 68/80A Rink Rat Hot Shots on the Hum'ers and I can still stop the same as on the Hi-Lo's, if not better, with a gain in power transfer.

For fattys like me (190 lbs) the Hummer really does have an advantage. I can stop as good as the skinny kids on my team.