Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Edge

Major Junior in CA.

Just curious as to some stuff about these leagues.

I am doing a showcase during July and my coach for the team I got picked for is a scout for the Qmjhl...So my question is that is there any way that I could end up being able to play in the Q when I was born in arizona and live in arizona? Or would I be required to only play in the WHL? If moving to that district would be required then that isn't a problem, but as far as having to be born somewhere, would that be a problem for me? <_<

I think if you live in AZ you'd have to play in the WHL but if you moved you would be eligable to play in the Q.

Ya thats what i thought but i heard differently from some people. I'm not sure i'm sure i will find out from the coach. At least if i do well he can maybe set me up with some WHL scouts or something.

Yes, you can play in the Q, but first you must be waived by all team in the WHL. So if a Q team decides they want you, you more or less have to clear waivers.

i was a situation like this, im in WHL region and a few OHL teams wanted to draft me, the Guelph Storm called WHL office and tried to get my rights for the OHL but even though I was never drafted to the WHL they wouldnt give up my rights...pretty messed up if you ask me, good luck getting past the dub...they seem like they dont budge

I think if you're good enough a team will get you, doesn't matter where you're from. Example: all the russian guys playing in the Q right now.

I think they have a limit to how many players they can scout from out of their region.

I think if you're good enough a team will get you, doesn't matter where you're from. Example: all the russian guys playing in the Q right now.

Russian/European players play in the Q/O/Dub because of the import draft, and that specific team has aquired their rights through said draft. It has nothing to do with how good they are, or how badly a team wants you. They draft you because they want you, but it's not like they can just say hey, this guy is good, lets get him over here. They need to go through with the correct procedure.

Edge - I am pretty much positive you would have to play in the WHL. There is a process in which you can change leagues, but it's extensive and I have no idea how it works. It isn't common, though

Players who reside in Alberta, B.C., Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Yukon, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington and Wyoming are protected for the WHL and are eligible to be listed by WHL clubs through regular WHL listing procedures

Well here's hoping you're jacked. The dub's the toughest league in the CHL.

All about workin hard and bad gear-wearing.

Not selling it short though, real competitive and they love hockey like you would not believe out there.

good luck edge

Not selling it short though, real competitive and they love hockey like you would not believe out there.

good luck edge

:lol:

I'd be fine playing in any of the leagues, but the Q is my first choice. Just seems like the style I like most.

good luck edge

If you mean toughest as in roughest then most defiantly. If you mean toughest as in standings, playing etc.. ( you get my drift ) then i'd beg to differ. Wasn't it an all Q final in the Mem Cup? All leagues have there talent and there brutes so any league is a good choice IMO. You can't really go wrong with any of them. Although from experience around here in the Q, you really have to play on a standout team, or else it's a little harder to get noticed because the Q i find gets overlooked an awful lot. (Especially when it comes to Wrld. Jr. times.

Good luck bud, would defianlty drop by a game if you played in the Q.

Well here's hoping you're jacked.  The dub's the toughest league in the CHL.

good luck edge

If you mean toughest as in roughest then most defiantly. If you mean toughest as in standings, playing etc.. ( you get my drift ) then i'd beg to differ. Wasn't it an all Q final in the Mem Cup? All leagues have there talent and there brutes so any league is a good choice IMO. You can't really go wrong with any of them. Although from experience around here in the Q, you really have to play on a standout team, or else it's a little harder to get noticed because the Q i find gets overlooked an awful lot. (Especially when it comes to Wrld. Jr. times.

good luck getting there. i really mean it.

hopefully you wont get hit through the boards when you make it there :D

good luck edge

good luck getting there. i really mean it.

hopefully you wont get hit through the boards when you make it there :D

hahaha I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem for me. I've mastered it! ;)

Thanks for the luck guys.

good luck edge

Canadas World Junior team AKA team WHL, it was because of the coach

yeah, so that means if youre not with the US NTDP you can kiss World Jr's good bye....its pretty political

Oh yeah I know how that goes. :rolleyes: NTDP is a bitch to get into.