Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrphantom042

junior hockey

I was wonderin if their were any tryouts for these junior hockey league teams in canada in like the OHL or a major league in Canada. Now i think i could play up their so i was thinkin of lookin around and tryin to be a "walk-on"player like what they do sometimes in Col. Football. please let me know if their r team or anything .yeah imm a goal forgot to say that. wel i skate against bobby ryan once in a while to. so please if you could lead me to any threads or anything it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Next time you skate with Bobby see if his agent will put in a good word for you with a team.

Now i think i could play up their

Keep talking yourself up like that :lol: ...I'm just kiddin' man you got the talent

Hey man do the same with me Mike hahaha, I'd love you forfreakinever.

Maybe just email some teams with some info on yourself? I dunno, I have a friend (coming to play college with me in Sept !! :) ) who went to tryouts with the London Knights and I think he just showed them some of his Junior B films (he's from St. Thomas anyways) and got to go to the tryouts... Maybe I should ask him exactly how it worked. He was only 16 when he got cut from the roster.

Do a walk on at the OHL? Yah.

OHL coaches are pretty serious about their hockey. They spend the better part of a year scouting midgets and Jr B teams, looking for rising talent. DURING the season, it is good to have them come watch a game--email your interest, stats, and your schedule and maybe they can see you. But you had better be doing some really good stuff on the ice if they do come.

As far as a walk on, theoretically you could come to the summer training camp and outskate everyone there (pretty hard to do), but you would need someone pretty connected with pro hockey (like an NHL team's scout) to call up the OHL team and ask that they take a look at you.

Why not try some other Junior A hockey in Canada? I'm sure if you're good, some other more "bush" Junior A league (SIJHL) or even a good Junior B league would use you for a season. And there's a better chance that you'd get scouted (by CHL Major Junior coaches) during that year. Come to think of it, my friend must have been notice while playing for St. Thomas Junior B BEFORE he got asked to come to tryouts with the knights.

If you're playing in the Northeast US, which i'm pretty sure you are (Philly?) you should have no trouble getting scouted. The only thing that matters if you want to go places, is that you have talent. If you're good scouts will notice you. if you are having trouble getting scouted in Philly then i dunno man..scouts are all over in those states.