Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

akhockeyplaya

Hockey-Specific Nike Shoes?

I get the (monthly? bi-monthly? quarterly?) email from Bauer Nike and I noticed on the most recent one, they have the One90 skate, XXX Lite stick, and some new Vapor goal pads on the email. However in the lower left corner there is a picture of some Nike shoe saying "Train from the ground up. coming in july."

Does anybody know what that is? I'm no shoe expert, so I don't know if those are current Nike shoes that they're just throwing on here for fun, or if they're releasing some new hockey-specific shoe. I was just wondering if someone else who got the email, and knew more than I did, could comment.

I got it too. It looks like a new Nike Free Trainer. It looks similar to the current 7.0 trainer minus the strap.

Edge beat me to it.

There will be 3 shoes in the "Hockey Package". It is similar to the ":45 Series" that was released last summer. The 3 shoes in the '06 package are the Free 7.0, an Impax shoe, and a Shox shoe.

There will be an AIr Max 360 trainer out later in the year but it is not being promoted as part of the summer campaign.

In Canada, it is promoted for hockey dryland training and in the US it is promoted for football training (the lightning bolt logo on the 7.0 is part of the Football "Revolution" campaign.

Where'd you find this out? Man no Air Max? I love my 360s <_<

EDIT: k you answered my question now

Anybody remember the Nike street hockey shoe line?

:blink:

do tell

Yup. I think they were Gretzky 99's or something to that effect, that had plastic reinforcements along the sides & toe area.

Yessir, I've still got 2 pair of the high top Street Defenders to play floor hockey in. :D I've had at least four pair of those, one pair of the Street Express and a couple pair of the low top Street Deke. I was sad to see them go but every now and then you catch them on eBay for less than $20.

Here are pics of my Street Defenders. The Street Deke were like these but low top.

p61300127ld.jpg

p61300139nv.jpg

p61300147kb.jpg

p61300152fl.jpg

p61300166el.jpg

Yessir, I've still got 2 pair of the high top Street Defenders to play floor hockey in. :D I've had at least four pair of those, one pair of the Street Express and a couple pair of the low top Street Deke. I was sad to see them go but every now and then you catch them on eBay for less than $20.

Here are pics of my Street Defenders. The Street Deke were like these but low top.

p61300127ld.jpg

p61300139nv.jpg

p61300147kb.jpg

p61300152fl.jpg

p61300166el.jpg

ouch..

p61300127ld.jpg

p61300139nv.jpg

p61300147kb.jpg

p61300152fl.jpg

p61300166el.jpg

I had a pair, but I'm not sure which model. I remember they were low tops with more black than those, and I want to say they were Fedorovs. They might not have been his exact model, but he advertised them.