Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

socom

Good age

Ed Jovanovski said in an interview that he started at age 13 skating and whatnot, I don't really think he got picked up as a goon, he made it seem like he worked really hard at becoming an offensive defenceman.

It's possible. Maybe. But remember his dad was a professional athlete (soccer) and that he was VERY athletic before he started skating at age 13. And also, he kept playing rugby/soccer whatever all through his teen years. And then he became on of the best defensemen in the world. Something to think about.

I dont think coming to a website asking if youre too old to start playing hockey to become an NHL d-man is a good idea.

It's not like I'm going to be depressed about it, I was just wondering. If anything what I've heard from everyone will help motivate me even more.

warrior37  Posted on Jun 18 2006, 04:41 PM

I dont think coming to a website asking if youre too old to start playing hockey to become an NHL d-man is a good idea.

I do. I started @13 and got decent. I had played a bit of roller hockey so that probably helped once I got used to ice. It didn't feel like it did but I bet it did. And there are a lot of things I've learned since reading this message board just this year that would have helped a ton when I was tinkering with my game. This is the best place to start I could think of if one were not learning from a father/family friend who's been there.

If you have nothing to add to the discussion, why post at all?

On topic:

Go out, work hard, learn from your coaches and maybe you'll get lucky.

Like flip said, we learn A LOT when we read this board, day after day. Those details are sometimes great to have and to know when you want to improve your game.