Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoXish

Tongue cutting?

Does anyone cut their tongues? As in... slits on the outside of the tongue where the tongue is expected to bend...

I have a pair of pro-stock skates that have it done and it does seem to add a certain level of mobility... I wear my shin guards under my tongue and it's hard to get them comfortable on my missions, I think I'll slice the tongue a bit.

It's risky but I've done it before. If you decide to start cutting make sure you start small. It's easy to cut more, but if you cut too much you're screwed.

Does anyone cut their tongues? As in... slits on the outside of the tongue where the tongue is expected to bend...

I have a pair of pro-stock skates that have it done and it does seem to add a certain level of mobility... I wear my shin guards under my tongue and it's hard to get them comfortable on my missions, I think I'll slice the tongue a bit.

Simple.....put your shins over and get the same result?

Then the tongue will flex as it should!

I have worn my shinguards over the tongue before and it doesn't produce the same result, it's not comfortable for me, for some reason.

I have worn my shinguards over the tongue before and it doesn't produce the same result, it's not comfortable for me, for some reason.

It might just be a matter of taping your shin pads diffrently. If you go through the pictures of the pros there are more an more doing so for the added protection as well as the added mobility. If you play with it a little I am sure you will find the benefit.

I do the same thing, but with 735's. Except I didn't cut them. I just took some clamps, tied up the skate and and clamped the tounge for about 6 or 7 days straight. It worked exactly the same, and it looks sweeeeet.