Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patrick67

Is it worth it?

I've played Inlinehockey on the highest level around here, "Elite" Division in Sweden's IHL, for a coulpe of years now.

Stopped playing Icehockey 4 years ago, at the age of 16, but alot of players and Coaches/team staff are encouraging me to start playing Icehockey again.

Not just for the sake of playing, but for (eventually) playing Semi-Pro Icehockey.

Started playing at 12, and got pretty good at it until I stopped at 16 because of bad team chemistry, we had some real d*ckheads on that team back then. So I've played Icehockey from 12-16 and Inline from 16-20.

I'm so used to playing on roller, that the transition to Ice/Blueline 5players etc. after such a long hiatus seems very steep.

Please tell me your experiances with "going back".

I don't in perticular miss playing Icehockey, but it would make me a stronger and faster player. Based on more seriousness in working out, weightlifting pylo's and such, compared to Inline where we don't do anything but strechting from time to time. (in moderation)

So it would probaly improve my inline-game too.

I'm not intrested in going back just to play "beer-league" hockey (no offence), the thing that appeals is the prospect of becoming a better player, but that intention requires I play top-tier Icehockey where the seriousness in off-ice training and the best level of competition is present.

I'm pretty sure players I could easily outplay in Inline would be atleast as good as myself when/if I switch back to Ice, there would be alot of things I would have to adjust too including beeing in a "locked" system again.

So if any of you guy's have some Input, or advice, I would love to hear it.

Thanks in Advance.

You will adapt back pretty quickly, probably the biggest things will be getting used to the weight of an ice puck on your stick, getting the technique back for a strong shot and pushing out more directly to the side than the back..

each sport has its benefits...and there are plenty of people who can do both at a high level..I do find that if I want to play both well..I need to play both...I took a year of ice off and just played roller and for me..it was like starting anew for a few weeks til it clicked on again..but everyone is different...