Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

Comparisons between these two pads?

I'm looking to get new elbow pads around nextweek and I'm trying to decide between Nike V-14s or RBK 7Ks. I tried them on, they both fit really well, im just wondering the protection difference though? What are the pros and cons of each elbow pad? If these two aren't good, I'm looking for an elbow pad that offers awesome mobility and good protection because right now my V-10s aren't cutting it.

I'm wearing V-11s right now and they aren't doing as well for me in protection as I'd like either. The cut of the Nikes just leaves too much open on top for me. I got hit with a shot right on the bone that kind of sticks out on the outside of the elbow the other day and realized there is NO protection there. The V14s are cut pretty much the same way. The 7ks seem to have alright all around protection, but I think I'm going to go with a 3-piece pad for my next pair. Probably some S9s or itech 990s that have protection everywhere needed and aren't too bulky.

I'm wearing V-11s right now and they aren't doing as well for me in protection as I'd like either. The cut of the Nikes just leaves too much open on top for me. I got hit with a shot right on the bone that kind of sticks out on the outside of the elbow the other day and realized there is NO protection there. The V14s are cut pretty much the same way. The 7ks seem to have alright all around protection, but I think I'm going to go with a 3-piece pad for my next pair. Probably some S9s or itech 990s that have protection everywhere needed and aren't too bulky.

sucks how all nikes are cut like that

they seem to be the most flexible

All I have to say is you can't go wrong with Jofa/Reebok, it's what a majority of the pros wear.

I have the 7k's, they're great, you won't be disappointed!

hmm good to know

they have good mobility right?

edit: i guess i have to go for 6k since thye don't make 7k in SR Size 4