Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hamstercaster

5 million $ a year

RDS is reporting that a Detroit newspaper as reported that 6 teams are after Shanahan and that the front runner is the Boston Bruins offering almost 5 million dollars a season to Shanhan. 9.8 Millions for two years. Montreal and LA are said to be amongst the front runners offering over 4 million dollars to Shanahan... Wow, I didn't think he would get that much at 37 even though he just came out of a great 81 point season in 82 games last year. If you were a GM, would you sign him for that much at his age? Not sure I would but if I did it would not be for more than a one year deal though

It helps that he just had a career year and it is going to be rewarded. The idiot Leafs did the same thing with McCabe, he just had a career year and I guarantee you he never matches his point production of this year and in a few the Leafs will regret signing him. Shanahans will probably only get two years max which wont hurt a team that badly if he does get that much because he wont be worth it in my opinion.

I think on a great team he's worth 4 or 5 maybe. But not without a team that he will feed him and vice versa. He came off a pretty great line thins year.

For the record I am a Shanny fan!!

wow - that's huge for a 37 year old, although Shanny did have a great year last season...

The question is how can Boston afford him? They have something like $34 million already allocated towards 13 players?

I think he's worth that kind of money, but only if it's a short-term contract. You don't want to give the guy more than 2 years, otherwise you could be stuck with him.