Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teamriot38

High School

I used to coach a bunch of bantams in hockey years ago and they've finally grown up to the point where i was asked once again to coach them in high school level hockey. I decided to accept, so now I'm coaching the first ever high school hockey team in Fremont, NE (All volunteer by the way). It will be the first year for a local high school team so everything is gonna be a first. Is there any other high school coaches that cruise the MSH boards? Does anyone know of any good hockey coach forums where i can ask a few questions. anyone got any good drills? , some skaters this season will be farely new to the game, so i can't overlook the weaker skaters/shooters.

Buy the book "Hockey Drills For Scoring" dont know the author, but the coach a t Huron hockey camp, it has a picture of Peter Forsberg on the cover. its an old picture where he has jofa helmet and gloves and a titan stick.

maybe i should pick up the idiots guide while I'm there..lol. I guess i've never coached a team at this age level, so it'll be a definite learning experience. I'd let someone else coach, but in my town, most people get there hockey info from the movie happy gilmore.

I did that to help a friend for a couple years. You have to have their respect and find out what motivates them. Once you do that the rest is easy. As for the weaker skaters, those are the players that will determine if you win or lose games.

hockeycoach.com is a great site for coaches. It has alot of training and practice information plus 2 forums with alot of threads on all levels of hockey.