Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cassius

Distance to nearest ice-rink

45km of twisty mountain road.

45/50 minutes of normal driving.

Can do in under 30min when i'm late and want to kill myself.

45km (25/30 miles?) arent too bad, but the street is so twisty... makes you feel like Marku Alen. (Finnish modsquadders CANT partecipate in the "who is Marku Alen?" trivia). :lol:

3 miles for the closest and 4 within a 10 radius. the one within 3 miles is the only olympic size sheet in NC.

Sounds like me too - Where in Raleigh do you live? Also, if you are 3 miles from the Iceplex then there are 6 rinks within 16 or so miles of you, at least that's how it is for me.

WF x2

Iceplex

Reczone

Cary

Garner

I have 3 within 5 minutes and 11 within 30 minutes, but it is practically impossible to find free icetime. If you are not on a team, public skates on the wekends are it, or outside rinks which global warming has all but wiped out.

I'm spoiled. I have one 2-sheet rink 2 mins away (I could walk there if I wanted). Plus I have another (one sheet) 10mins South and one (two sheet) 10mins North. Plus, there is a mini-rink NTR facility 5mins away. Like I said, I'm spoiled.

Does anyone have a hard time making it to the rink on a regular basis?

I'm a beginner and i'm looking to get better, but its just rough to get to the rink.

I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh and there is no rink in my town, so its a 30 minute drive just to get to stick/puck.  With gas prices at almost $3 a gallon - that further complicates matters

If I had a rink in my town I would go multiple times per week, but I find myself only going to the rink every once or two weeks.

:blink: $3 a gallon?!?!?! OMG!!! :angry: Here in the uk its $2 a LITRE.

1 US gallons = 3.7854118 litre That means we're paying $7.57 a gallon.

$2 a litre? holy fuck

45 minutes to a crappy one where everyone skates with ankles touching the ice...

hour drive to the nice one for stick/puck and games. supposed to be getting a 2.5 sheet rink about 20 mins from the house soon though. (charlotte NC)

but i get 40mpg in my car so that's good.

Does anyone have a hard time making it to the rink on a regular basis?

I'm a beginner and i'm looking to get better, but its just rough to get to the rink.

I live in a suburb of Pittsburgh and there is no rink in my town, so its a 30 minute drive just to get to stick/puck.  With gas prices at almost $3 a gallon - that further complicates matters

If I had a rink in my town I would go multiple times per week, but I find myself only going to the rink every once or two weeks.

:blink: $3 a gallon?!?!?! OMG!!! :rolleyes: Here in the uk its $2 a LITRE.

1 US gallons = 3.7854118 litre That means we're paying $7.57 a gallon.

Actually you are paying the exact same amount for the gas as we do. What more you pay is your goverment taxes. Got to blame your government.

Actually you are paying the exact same amount for the gas as we do. What more you pay is your goverment taxes. Got to blame your government.

exactly... i read on the side of the pump here in NC that over $1.70 per gallon is taxes.