Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoXish

Serious Arch Issues...

I've tried different lacing methods, but when it comes down to it, I think I just have a very tall arch...

My ice skates and my inline skates both give me the same problems and a third of the way through the game, I'm ready to take them off due to the excruciating pain...

Any suggestion?

I've always had the same problem, just picked up a pair of 8000s, first skate I've worn where I haven't had bright red feet after the first skate. Mind the fact that I've had one90s, XXX, 9ks........

Any suggestion?

If you have already tried all the different lacing methods, get fitted for some new skates.

I think I just have a very tall arch...

Any suggestion?

I'd hobble into a podiatrist - preferably one who knows hockey. Get an expert opinion on your feet, and gait or foot-fall analysis. Then you'll KNOW what the problem with your feet is and will know what you need to consider when getting fitted with skates.

Well, I've tried all the lacing methods I could think of, suggest some...

Otherwise, I've had these pains in mission, nike, bauer, CCM and Rebellion skates... all the same.

Would a footbed of some sort help?

Well, I've tried all the lacing methods I could think of, suggest some...

Otherwise, I've had these pains in mission, nike, bauer, CCM and Rebellion skates... all the same.

Would a footbed of some sort help?

I wouldnt bother with a footbed.. if you are having issues with your feet, its not a comfort issue, its an issue with you pulling muscles or pushing bones/cart.

Go to the foot doctor to have them check it out.

Not so sure about this test - it's a very, very general guideline at best, and only illustrate the extremes of duck feet and very high arches (where the arch is on the outside of the foot as well).

I've done this wet test before and my footprints look like the one in the middle - standard arch. But I have been told on more than a few occasions by medical professionals that I have pretty flat feet. My arches are there, but they're just very low and barely miss touching the ground.