Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miike

Holder Switch

So i have been skating on my Cobras on my new G3s but just cannot get used to the pitch. I have a set of Custom + that i want to put on because i think that will get rid of the problem and get me back to the regular stance i guess you'd call it. Would installing the Custom + get rid of the pitch problem?

Also, i am suffering from lace bite, what is it that Doug Weight has or anything special i can do for that? Thanks alot guys.

I don't want people to get annoyed, but im heading out to a place to hopefully get this done tomorrow, and would like to know. Any opinions for a lace bite pad?

So i have been skating on my Cobras on my new G3s but just cannot get used to the pitch. I have a set of Custom + that i want to put on because i think that will get rid of the problem and get me back to the regular stance i guess you'd call it. Would installing the Custom + get rid of the pitch problem?

Also, i am suffering from lace bite, what is it that Doug Weight has or anything special i can do for that? Thanks alot guys.

Yes it will. I swapped out my Cobra's for Tuuk Custom +s on my 705s and definitely noticed a reduced pitch in my stance; a little more neutral but the 705 boot is already somewhat pitched forward. I'm not too sure about the 703/G3 boots but I'm sure you will get your desired outcome. I personally ended up adding heel lifts to pitch me a little forward but not as aggressive as the Cobra's.

We've discussed this many times. Before you spend the $$ switching holders, you should try having the cobras radiused first. A good skate shop can change the pitch/reduce the radius to make it feel similar to a tuuk.

Understandable, but my main gripe with Cobras at the time was that they were heavy and stiff. I actually enjoyed the springiness the Tuuks provided. So sometimes, it isn't about the steel.

Jimmy i hear where your coming from, but around me there is really nobody that offers such thing. I can take them to you, but it just such a hassle taking them over the boarder, and i don't really like shipping them.

JR, i do agree with you that they are heavy and very stiff, i loved my Custom + and my lightspeeds so i think i'm safe with putting +'s on them.

Any ideas for good lace bite pads? I know i saw the API ones, but think that may be to big.

Understandable, but my main gripe with Cobras at the time was that they were heavy and stiff. I actually enjoyed the springiness the Tuuks provided. So sometimes, it isn't about the steel.

I agree if you find the cobra holders not to your liking, then certainly swap them, but he didn't mention anything about stiffness, just a pitch problem and that's what I was addressing.