Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sprungster

Roller hockey pants

This may be wierd, but what's up with roller hockey pants? They get treated so differently by players that sometimes they make teams look like pick up even though they have the same jersey. The common look is puffy jodphurs cause of the tape. And companies spend so much money "Designing" em!

I'm asking cause we may end up making them for our teams and to sell in shops. Is there room for something new?

What are you asking? Sure some teams dont have the same pants. Sometimes those are the best teams, sometimes the worst.

They always said to the little kids, just cause they got good equiptment , they arent the best. Hope we dont have to go through that lesson again. But I understand what you mean when organizations have the same pants, sometimes they are really good.

It doesnt really matter what other organizatoins are dong, just do your own stuff.

Taping pants you asked about? That would be for making sure your pant leg does not go into your wheels. Sometimes kids like to tape their pants with phattape or lots of reg. tape to look fancy. As they get older, they look dumber.

Mission has done a good job incorporating a shin-strap into the pant to try to eliminate the over-the-pant tape jobs. I haven't personally used them but have heard great things.

Mission has done a good job incorporating a shin-strap into the pant to try to eliminate the over-the-pant tape jobs. I haven't personally used them but have heard great things.

O yes, wonderful pants. My team uses the 5500, and Everybody liked them.

Although even some of the younger ages still tape up their pants anyways cause its cool... :P

I prefer not to tape them up at the botoom just have them hanging behind the tendon guards ( haven't had an issue with pants getting caught in wheels) ...looks better then taping up.

No need for tape if you get pants that fit. I dont tape mine up. I am currently on my last pair of type M pants or whatever they are called I love these pants. Favorite pant design would have to be the old Mission Tornado.

As far as designing some new ones. Thats a up hill battle but if your up for it and you have the budget then go for it.

My point about the pants has nothing to do with matching or not. We've all seen patchwork teams show up at tournaments and clean everybody's clock, including the best dressed.

It's the tape!! I always thought the tape was more for keeping your shin guards from flopping around. I hate to think of it being a cool fashion statement.

The length is the really important part so they don't get in your rear wheels. I have an old pair of Mission Biltrights that I really love, and they stay out of my wheels as long as my ass doesn't end up dragging so bad my hip pads won't even stay up. What amazes me about them is they don't have burn holes all over them. Guess I don't play enough.

I've seen the new Mission pants and they are cool. I'd like to try them, but I don't get freebies much lately. When I first got into the business, Mission told me that you had to give away the first 500 of any new product. I'm definately heading that way. Mission is by far the best marketer in the hockey business, ice or roller. They've developed a loyal audience that sticks by them no matter what, no matter what!!! And their sales prove it.

I'll admit it. I love the way ice uniforms look. Hyper had their pants that sort of tried to do that look, but didn't pull it off cause of the compromise between the two styles.

For sure, it's hard to change something after it's dug in.

What amazes me about them is they don't have burn holes all over them. Guess I don't play enough

HAHA, dont settle for pants that give you "burn holes", now days theres way to many good pants that you dont have to deal with those. I would suggest some Tour code 1's. They are prolly my favorite pants to ever play with. Super light, and verrry durable. I believe they are around 50-60 usd.

Sometimes kids like to tape their pants with phattape or lots of reg. tape to look fancy. As they get older, they look dumber.

I tape my pants with US Postal Service packing tape all the time, and i dont do it because it looks "cool"

Sometimes kids like to tape their pants with phattape or lots of reg. tape to look fancy. As they get older, they look dumber.

I tape my pants with US Postal Service packing tape all the time, and i dont do it because it looks "cool"

Man, US postal tape is great, especially when it's FREE.

I agree with you when it comes to the gaudy tape jobs though. Having day-glow flourescant yellow "DANGER DANGER" tape around your legs when you play on a blue and black team kind of draws attention to your TAPE. That Phat Tape is pretty pricey too, at least where I've looked.

And about getting pants that fit, that theory works if you're an average shaped person, but all the hockey pants I've seen are sized by waist instead of length. I fit into senior mediums (in mission) and the legs are about 2 inches too long for me cuz I have stubby legs.

I checked into doing the tape with my logo on it and it was real expensive to have done. So much so that I'd have to sell it instead of give it away. No good.

The post office has really shut down their tape. You have to go on line to get it or something.

I know it's uphill, but I've thought of things like baggy shorts like people really wear (basketball type) with breath free leggins with velcro straps to help strap down your shin guards. Sort of like ice, but not so old school rigid. They'd probably be cooler, sweatwise than the pants.

I remember when basketball teams went from Freddy Mercury hot pants to the bags. I may be wrong, but I think Flojo, the queen of track (and maybe steroids?) at the time, designed the first bags for Pheonix. They also had the longest hold out on em, too, with John Whashisname their short white guy who stuck with the short shorts till he retired. Course basketball isn't hockey, but somebody out there knows this stuff for sure.

I know some punkish players who'd like to peg em down to tights like arena football. Problem is, you don't get that tough hip/theigh pad down to manly calves look with shin guards underneath.

Hockey players aren't vain at all, though. Except when they wear boots three sizes too small so their feet don't look big. I think the quote is, "I like my toes curled under so I can feel the floor better." Ouch!!!!

Then there's soccer players who kick the shit out of each other's legs with little bitty shin guards. Course they don't have to deal with sticks and pucks.

ill tell ya what, ive been useing electrical tape for ice and inline for years,its cheap and my kids like that it comes in colors to match thier pants and uniform.

ill tell ya what, ive been useing electrical tape for ice and inline for years,its cheap and my kids like that it comes in colors to match thier pants and uniform.

Here here!!

i also use electrical tape up top around the butt ends of my sticks, it doesnt wear out my gloves like the hockey tape.

I've tried wearing the pants, but it gets so hot! Baggy shorts are poplular around here - big enough and long enough to wear a girdle under. Most guys don't cover their shin guards. Mind you, we play on cement, so it's easier to grind some plastic than burn holes in expensive pants. That said, I kind of like the whole 'Mad Max' look anyways...

Iceburg - does the electrical tape still give you a good grip? Does it leave a lot of residue on your gloves after a while?